Help with registering DBClient.dll file through InstallShield

I have BDE based app that uses the ClientDataset component for a third
party lookup combobox.  I am using InstallShield to deploy the app and I
have added the dbclient.dll to the System files group. I have the "allow
express to self register this file" box checked.  When I run the app I
get the error "Library not registered".  The only component that doesn't
work is the third party lookup combobox that uses the clientdataset.  If
I try to register the dll with regsvr32.exe I get the error "Get Last
Error returns 0x00000485".  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any help.

Re:Help with registering DBClient.dll file through InstallShield

In article <381DB234.6B146...@beaverplastics.com>,
  Rhea Urusky <rh...@beaverplastics.com> wrote:
> I have BDE based app that uses the

ClientDataset component for a third
> party lookup combobox.  I am using

InstallShield to deploy the app and I
> have added the dbclient.dll to the System files

group. I have the "allow
> express to self register this file" box

checked.  When I run the app I
> get the error "Library not registered".  The

only component that doesn't
> work is the third party lookup combobox that

uses the clientdataset.  If
> I try to register the dll with regsvr32.exe I

get the error "Get Last
> Error returns 0x00000485".  What am I doing

wrong?  Thanks for any help.

Try to copy stdvcl40.dll also, and regsvr32
stdvcl40.dll, I had a problem like yours and that
solved it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Other Threads