Special caracters in memo field with SQL-Server 6.5 installed with binary order

Hi, friends!

Could anyone help me with this question:

I'm using Delphi 3.0, with BDE 5.01 and Microsoft SQL-Server 6.5, service
pack4. When I try to insert a special character (like those which exist in
portuguese language: ?, , , , etc...) into a *MEMO* field, through my
application, this caracter is changed to another one. I've been unable to
write these characters into memo fields.

I've already checked all LANDDRIVES from BDE Configuration, but I think it
isn't the problem because simple fields (char and varchar) work well.

Help me, please!

Thanks in advance,

<Moacir Alves Schmidt>
<Brazil>

Re:Special caracters in memo field with SQL-Server 6.5 installed with binary order

Hi, friends!

Could anyone help me with this question:

I'm using Delphi 3.0, with BDE 5.01 and Microsoft SQL-Server 6.5, service
pack4. When I try to insert a special character (like those which exist in
portuguese language: ?, , , , etc...) into a *MEMO* field, through my
application, this caracter is changed to another one. I've been unable to
write these characters into memo fields.

I've already checked all LANDDRIVES from BDE Configuration, but I think it
isn't the problem because simple fields (char and varchar) work well.

I forgot to tell in the last message that the Microsoft-SQL Server is
installed with binary sort order and character set: code page 850
(Multilingual).

Help me, please!

Thanks in advance,

<Moacir Alves Schmidt>