Can I change character set?

I created a database with (ooops!) NONE character set.
Now I have many troubles with sorting italian characters (, , ecc.).

I tried to export a big script and use it to generate a new database
with ISO8859_1 character set, but:
1. in italian the massive use of ['] character in the texts creates
problems with INSERT statements;
2. the generated script does not contains a BLOB field.

What can I do? Can I change now character set in any way?

Thanks.

Michele Giordano

Re:Can I change character set?

> I created a database with (ooops!) NONE character set.
> Now I have many troubles with sorting italian characters (, , ecc.).

> I tried to export a big script and use it to generate a new database
> with ISO8859_1 character set, but:
> 1. in italian the massive use of ['] character in the texts creates
> problems with INSERT statements;
> 2. the generated script does not contains a BLOB field.

> What can I do? Can I change now character set in any way?

It's not possible to ALTER the columns to a new characterset. The only way i know is make new
database with the character set you want and pump the data over from the other database.

Regards,
Arno

Other Threads