Board index » delphi » How distribute BDE files

How distribute BDE files

I have Borland C++ Builder 1.0 Standard Edition that I have buy with an
Italian Journal. I haven't InstallShield (or another program like this) and
being a student I haven't money to buy it. I'd like to know how can I
redistribute BDE files with my program and if I create a my install program
to redistribute this files.
Thanks for attention.
 

Re:How distribute BDE files


I don't have v1 anymore so can't verify this but read deploy.txt and
bdedeploy.txt that ship with C++ Builder.  They should show you how to do it
(but it's a hassle without InstallShield/Wise).

Quote
Gerla Giuseppe <pipp...@libero.it> wrote in message

news:8874n7$h3t2@bornews.borland.com...
Quote
> I have Borland C++ Builder 1.0 Standard Edition that I have buy with an
> Italian Journal. I haven't InstallShield (or another program like this)
and
> being a student I haven't money to buy it. I'd like to know how can I
> redistribute BDE files with my program and if I create a my install
program
> to redistribute this files.
> Thanks for attention.

Re:How distribute BDE files


Thanks for answer.
Where I can find *free* installer which is approved for the BDE?

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB) <JersW...@wwa.com> wrote in message
r4dhasc85m8s44dp8roqvv21u43sics...@4ax.com...

Quote
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:46:14 +0100, "Gerla Giuseppe" <pipp...@libero.it>
> wrote:

> >I have Borland C++ Builder 1.0 Standard Edition that I have buy with an
> >Italian Journal. I haven't InstallShield (or another program like this)
and
> >being a student I haven't money to buy it. I'd like to know how can I
> >redistribute BDE files with my program and if I create a my install
program
> >to redistribute this files.

> As the DEPLOY.TXT file states,  you *must* use an approved installation
> application in order to legally re-distribute the BDE.  I suggest that you
> either search for a free installer (which is approved for the BDE) if you
> cannot save up enough money to buy one.

> Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
> --
> Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
> Proud Member of Borland's TeamB
> "We'll do anything if you don't pay us."

Re:How distribute BDE files


Quote
Steve Koterski wrote:

> The BDE was included in all versions of C++Builder except 5. Same for
> Delphi.

BCB4 Std was the first to drop Database support at the Std level I am fairly
certain.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:How distribute BDE files


Find a Program called INNO Setup, Its free and will install the BDE using
BDEINST.DLL
http://www.jordanr.dhs.org/isinfo.htm

I have used this and it seems to work OK, Only thing I don't like is that
the BDEINST.DLL is a very big file 3.8 Mb's. But it does work

Clive.

Quote
"Joe M" <jjm...@aol.com> wrote in message

news:88k0ao$qej9@bornews.borland.com...
Quote
> since when does the BDE come in the standard edition anyway?

> joe

> There is no free installer for the bde.

> Gerla Giuseppe <pipp...@libero.it> wrote in message
> news:88c2mv$jq01@bornews.borland.com...
> > Thanks for answer.
> > Where I can find *free* installer which is approved for the BDE?

> > Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB) <JersW...@wwa.com> wrote in message
> > r4dhasc85m8s44dp8roqvv21u43sics...@4ax.com...
> > > On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:46:14 +0100, "Gerla Giuseppe"

<pipp...@libero.it>

- Show quoted text -

Quote
> > > wrote:

> > > >I have Borland C++ Builder 1.0 Standard Edition that I have buy with
an
> > > >Italian Journal. I haven't InstallShield (or another program like
this)
> > and
> > > >being a student I haven't money to buy it. I'd like to know how can I
> > > >redistribute BDE files with my program and if I create a my install
> > program
> > > >to redistribute this files.

> > > As the DEPLOY.TXT file states,  you *must* use an approved
installation
> > > application in order to legally re-distribute the BDE.  I suggest that
> you
> > > either search for a free installer (which is approved for the BDE) if
> you
> > > cannot save up enough money to buy one.

> > > Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
> > > --
> > > Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
> > > Proud Member of Borland's TeamB
> > > "We'll do anything if you don't pay us."

Re:How distribute BDE files


On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:58:08 -0500, "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"

Quote
<overc...@onramp.net> wrote:

[...]

Quote
>BCB4 Std was the first to drop Database support at the Std level I am fairly
>certain.

Ack! Flubbed that one.

==========================================================================
Steve Koterski                      "Only dead fish swim with the stream."
Technical Publications                                          -- Unknown
Borland
http://www.borland.com/techpubs/delphi

Re:How distribute BDE files


That was the one of the main reasons  I bought professional/developer
edition all the time every version. I thought the standard was lacking in db
connectivity.
from delphi 1.(still have the cd!)

joe mele

Quote
Steve Koterski <skoter...@NOSPAMborland.com> wrote in message

news:38bd54c1.20350627@forums.borland.com...
Quote
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:58:08 -0500, "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"
> <overc...@onramp.net> wrote:

> [...]

> >BCB4 Std was the first to drop Database support at the Std level I am
fairly
> >certain.

> Ack! Flubbed that one.

> ==========================================================================
> Steve Koterski                      "Only dead fish swim with the stream."
> Technical Publications                                          -- Unknown
> Borland
> http://www.borland.com/techpubs/delphi

Other Threads