Help - 16bit BDE and 32bit BDE reading different values from same record and table

I had an old 16-bit PARADOX (5.0 v table) database program that writes ASCII
128 into a string field.  I do this because certain ASCII characters in
PARADOX does not save into a string field.... but 128 did.

Now I have a 32-bit conversion program that reads that database.  I read the
that field value and all the ASCII 128 characters are being read as ASCII
35.  HELP!  What is going on?  Is there a work around?  I need the
conversion program to be 32 bit.  Why is this happening?  Converting the
ASCII 35 to 128 won't work because some of the ASCII 35 were actually ASCII
35 in the 16 bit BDE.  So in the 32 bit program, I can't distinguish the
two.

Thanks
Orlando

Re:Help - 16bit BDE and 32bit BDE reading different values from same record and table

>Now I have a 32-bit conversion program that reads that database.  I read the
>that field value and all the ASCII 128 characters are being read as ASCII
>35.  HELP!  What is going on?

You probably have the 32bit BDE set to use a different language driver then what
you had set in 16 bit BDE.  Find out the language driver you used in 16 bit BDE
and switch back to that in 32bit BDE
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Help - 16bit BDE and 32bit BDE reading different values from same record and table

I expect it's something to do with the table's language driver, although I
don't know how to fix your problem.

I just tried a quick experiment.  I opened Paradox 5 (the 16 bit app) and
created a new table, and stored a 128 character in it. I then opened
Paradox 7 (the 32 bit app) and I see the character as a 128.

Going for a restructure, I see from the caption of the restructure window
that the table was actually created as a Paradox 4 structure.

Checking my IDAPI settings for the 16 bit Database Engine, and my BDE
settings for the 32 bit Database Engine, I see that they are both have
LANGDRIVER for the Paradox driver set to "Paradox 'ascii'", and that this
matches the table language as seen in the infostructure dialog for the
table.

--Bill Sparrow--

Other Threads