Enhanced exception handler - I am very stupid.

I've just spent the last 2 days trying to get write some kind of
exception handler that will give me a stack trace on my clients
machines. I've been searching the www, news etc and loads of people
have been asking the same question. I've even tried the usual suspects
(exceptional magic etc.) but could not get them to work.

I use D7 pro. On the bonus disk is the JEDI distribution. It has an
enhanced exception dialog as part of the distro, though I only found
it by luck!

If you have JEDI, just add the unit

<installdir>\JEDI\JCL\examples\debugextension\dialog\ExceptDialg.pas

into you project. When you re-build you will have a new exception
handler that gives a full stack trace (as well as loaded modules &
vcl's active).

If you dont have JEDI, get it ( www.jedi.org ) ...

Just thought I would share this in the hope that in the future someone
is looking for the same as me and finds this message and it helps!

Right. I need a beer :-)

Tim.

Re:Enhanced exception handler - I am very stupid.

Another suggestion, you can use the excellent madexcept component at
http://madexcept.madshi.net/ , free for non-commerical use!

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

"Tim Shields" <t...@bcd-modelling.com> wrote in message

> I've just spent the last 2 days trying to get write some kind of
> exception handler that will give me a stack trace on my clients
> machines. I've been searching the www, news etc and loads of people
> have been asking the same question. I've even tried the usual suspects
> (exceptional magic etc.) but could not get them to work.

> I use D7 pro. On the bonus disk is the JEDI distribution. It has an
> enhanced exception dialog as part of the distro, though I only found
> it by luck!

> If you have JEDI, just add the unit

> <installdir>\JEDI\JCL\examples\debugextension\dialog\ExceptDialg.pas

> into you project. When you re-build you will have a new exception
> handler that gives a full stack trace (as well as loaded modules &
> vcl's active).

> If you dont have JEDI, get it ( www.jedi.org ) ...

> Just thought I would share this in the hope that in the future someone
> is looking for the same as me and finds this message and it helps!

> Right. I need a beer :-)

> Tim.

Other Threads