Window sizing in MDI App

Hi all.

I have created an MDI application that opens various windows and I would
like to open the Child windows Just below my Coolbar and have the
windows width and height in the MDI main forms client area between the
Coolbar and the Statusbar, does anyone know how to do this.

I have tried using the main form's Width, ClientWidth, Height and
ClientHeight properties but these open the window too large so that
scrollbars appear on the Main MDI window. I can set the child windows
WindowState to wsMaximize but with anchored controls this gives a
visible resizing effect to the user when the window is opened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to someone not so well aquainted
with Delphi just yet.

--
Warren Weber
warr...@hypermax.net.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Window sizing in MDI App

Use:

Form.ClientHeight - CoolBar.Height - StatusBar.Height

"Warren Weber" <warr...@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht

> Hi all.

> I have created an MDI application that opens various windows and I would
> like to open the Child windows Just below my Coolbar and have the
> windows width and height in the MDI main forms client area between the
> Coolbar and the Statusbar, does anyone know how to do this.

> I have tried using the main form's Width, ClientWidth, Height and
> ClientHeight properties but these open the window too large so that
> scrollbars appear on the Main MDI window. I can set the child windows
> WindowState to wsMaximize but with anchored controls this gives a
> visible resizing effect to the user when the window is opened.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated to someone not so well aquainted
> with Delphi just yet.

> --
> Warren Weber
> warr...@hypermax.net.au