DAO3032.dll error........??

I got some sort of error when i packaged a delphi app which connects to an
Access Database.  This happenned when i installed it and tried to run it.

Any ideas of the problem??
Cheers
Aidan

--

Re:DAO3032.dll error........??

go to http://delphidao.finalfiler.com/ (Home page)
and http://delphidao.finalfiler.com/daoinst.htm DAO Installation
with Delphi

Delphi source example at http://delphidao.finalfiler.com/daostuff.zip

Le Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:52:14 +0100, l'inestimable "Aidan O'Hagan"
<m...@nospam.btinternet.com> a crit:

>I got some sort of error when i packaged a delphi app which connects to an
>Access Database.  This happenned when i installed it and tried to run it.

>Any ideas of the problem??
>Cheers
>Aidan

Re:DAO3032.dll error........??

> >I got some sort of error when i packaged a delphi app which connects to an
> >Access Database.  This happenned when i installed it and tried to run it.

> >Any ideas of the problem??

MS-Access doesn't consist anymore of "just one piece of code," it
consists of a whole lot of 'em.  They're called OLE Objects, and they
live in DLLs.  They have to be "registered" in the system Registry upon
installation, but we are seeing more and more frequently that this
system can break, e.g. when updates are applied to the system (by almost
anything).

One way to "re-register" the DLL is with the program "regsvr32,"
available from Microsoft but probably already on your system:

        regsvr32 <exact path to DAO3032.DLL>

Other Threads