PRESS: BORLAND INTERNATIONAL TO DELIVER TOOLS FOR SUN'S JAVA INTERNET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Cooll!!! I'm really looking forward to this!!!

:)
:)
:)

Re:PRESS: BORLAND INTERNATIONAL TO DELIVER TOOLS FOR SUN'S JAVA INTERNET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

With all the focus on java, I'd like to let you know that you
can do the backend database processing that will be required
by those wonderful applets using the WEBHUB cgi-win compliant
set of delphi components. We ship since 11/2/95 and enable the
delphi programmer to produce high power html applications...

HREF Tools Corp, http://www.href.com is shipping WEBHUB, a
delphi based server-side development system compatible with
all cgi-win based servers.

Using the most advanced delphi components for CGI available
today, you can develop scalable (e.g. multi-server)
applications that use concurrent exe's servicing pages using a
demand sensitive pipelined architecture featuring full support
for 'saving state' and the automatic memorization of edit,
check and radiobuttons.

Database components include a configurable scrollable database
grid as well as find, edit, delete, post, update capabilities
in the form of action components that are actuated using
simple html inlines.

By splitting the HTML from the code, WEBHUB enables HTML to a
degree not seen till we brought it to you at
http://www.href.com.

FREE SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE as are FREE COMPONENTS for those
who know such things.

The WEBHUB applications you can build are unlimited today.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD OUR SAMPLE APPLICATION to determine if you
really need to abandon HTML for Java today.

WEBHUB applications are ideally suited to deliver java applets
as they are continually open and can 'just stream' your
applets through whatever api YOU need. Your app with page and
session objects will have full control as you're running
inside a delphi app (we've run 30+ concurrent database apps)

As a consultant and programmer, I have to stay much closer to
reality than "java in '96" and shipped you WEBHUB on 11/2/95.

Instead of relearning everything again, Ann Lynnworth and I
designed a delphi/cgi application development framework that
is now available as a FREE DEMO.

We will be telling you more about this as the weeks go by.
With WEBHUB you can develop and compile a complex CGI
application in under 20 clicks. Today. Check it out. Now.

Best Regards, your feedback to the FREE DEMO is much
appreciated.

Michael Ax
a...@href.com
http://www.href.com

koter...@borland.com (Steve Koterski) wrote:
>              BORLAND INTERNATIONAL TO DELIVER TOOLS FOR
>               SUN'S JAVA INTERNET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

>    SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. -- November 8, 1995 -- Borland International Inc.
>today announced it will license Sun Microsystems Java programming language
>and provide world class development tools based on the language. The
>agreement, presented at the Java Conference at Sun Microsystems, Inc.,
>highlights that Borland will build a high performance visual rapid
>application development (RAD) environment for creating Java applications.
>The product, code named Latte, will be developed in Java and will radically
>increase the speed of developing Java applications.

[snip]

>    "We are very supportive of this announcement," said Marc Andreessen,
>co-founder and vice president of Technology for Netscape Communications.
>"Borland and Sun are leading providers of application development
>technology.  I anticipate this relationship will generate world-class tools
>for Java that will accelerate the growth of the Internet as a platform for
>corporate computing solutions."
>    Borland will deliver Latte technology in several stages with the first
>commercial release scheduled to ship in the first half of 1996. Borland
>will focus on the following areas in its product development:

>  *Visual RAD tools to increase productivity for developing
>   Internet and Web applications

>  *Object-oriented, component based architectures that promote reuse

>  *High performance compilation

>  *Scalable/distributed database access

STEVE!!!

Applause, applause!!! I love this!

I will support this with everything I've got!! I hope and wish you all
good luck on this one!

Regards

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems

--
//Remember that my e-mail address is invalid after//

Other Threads