pascal and Novell netware

I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my Pascal
programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this information
from my network.

Re:pascal and Novell netware

Clavaux (Clav...@xs4all.nl) wrote:

: I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my Pascal
: programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this information
: from my network.

Check out SWAG (it has great unit for IPX communication).
Also check MS-DOS interrupt list (it documents all of the
Novell's interrupts).

Re:pascal and Novell netware

In article <4mnn6g$...@bagan.srce.hr>,
   zv...@jagor.srce.hr (Zeljko Vrba) wrote:

>Clavaux (Clav...@xs4all.nl) wrote:
>: I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my
Pascal
>: programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this
information
>: from my network.

>Check out SWAG (it has great unit for IPX communication).
>Also check MS-DOS interrupt list (it documents all of the
>Novell's interrupts).

Sorry to interrupt (ha ha), but what's SWAG?

Secondly I have dowloaded the complete interrupt list
(inter49*.zip) and
unless I miss my guess I'm going to have to spend twenty
uears converting
it to readable text.

I have explored a quick IPX tutorial that was left
here-abouts some time
ago. However, it unfortunatel didn't go into
obtaining/collecting
things such as user names, user addresses, system resources,
drive
mappings etc, from the network. Anyone know how to do this?
Or know of a
simple tutorial on obtaining these for an IPX Novell network?

cheers, Alex.

On 13 May 1996, Dr. Alex wrote:

> In article <4mnn6g$...@bagan.srce.hr>,
>    zv...@jagor.srce.hr (Zeljko Vrba) wrote:
> >Clavaux (Clav...@xs4all.nl) wrote:
> >: I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my
> Pascal
> >: programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this
> information
> >: from my network.

The best way to learn how to program for Novell is to get a copy of GNU's
units for pascal from:

 file://novftp.rc.rug.nl/pmt/ftp/pub/proglibs/nwtp06.zip

it contains a lot of tutorials and you find there everything you need for
Novell programms.

Try out program Chatforce, from my URL, for inspiration (IPX talk, sending
broadcast messages, ...).

 Andy

 Ondrej 'Andy' Brablc  < http://manes.vse.cz/~xbrao01 >

Re:pascal and Novell netware

In article <318DE04F.2...@xs4all.nl>, Clav...@xs4all.nl says...

>I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my Pascal
>programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this information
>from my network.
>> Try calling WHOAMI and trapping the output
Martin

Re:pascal and Novell netware

In article <4n5v93...@styx.uwa.edu.au>
           aled...@receptor.pharm.uwa.edu.au "Dr. Alex" writes:

> In article <4mnn6g$...@bagan.srce.hr>,
>    zv...@jagor.srce.hr (Zeljko Vrba) wrote:
> >Clavaux (Clav...@xs4all.nl) wrote:
> >: I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my
> Pascal
> >: programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this
> information
> >: from my network.

> >Check out SWAG (it has great unit for IPX communication).
> >Also check MS-DOS interrupt list (it documents all of the
> >Novell's interrupts).

> Sorry to interrupt (ha ha), but what's SWAG?

From the weekly mini-FAQ:

   2.4   Notable sources of information

  * SWAG.
  . See http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/swag.html
  . Available from Garbo and SimTel directory turbopas/
  . 1st time: get swaga-c.zip...swags-z.zip + swag.zip.
  . Updating: get the latest swagYYMM.zip only.

    A free archive of Turbo Pascal code, updated quarterly, produced by
    the 'Source Ware Archival Group'. Note that the inital download is ~5Mb

    Many people would consider SWAG essential before posting here!

.splitbung
--
* TQ 1.0 * The 'Just So Quotes'.
"None of you understand.  I'm not locked up in here with you.  YOU'RE

Re:pascal and Novell netware

In article <4n7rfd$...@is-news.gov.ab.ca>,
   Martin.Irel...@gov.ab.ca (Martin Ireland) wrote:

>In article <318DE04F.2...@xs4all.nl>, Clav...@xs4all.nl says...

>>I'm looking for a way to use the Novell Username into my Pascal
>>programs. Does anyone know of a way how I can obtain this information
>>from my network.
>>> Try calling WHOAMI and trapping the output
>Martin

Yes, but this does not return the IPX addresses of those logged in.

BTW, could you show me how to trap screen output ... I've wanted to get that
info for ages.

cheers, Alex.

Other Threads