Informix future & Delphi

Hi!

We are developing an application with Informix and Delphi
but we realized that Delphi 6 was released with its new
tecnology(Data Snap, Web Snap, biz snap) to access databases without
Informix support.

Does anybody know why Borland didn't include Informix access ?

or

Is there any post release for Informix?,

and

What's comming for Informix in Delphi evolution?

Regards!

P.S. I think Informix has many advantages that at this time are not
supported
     by BDE. It's awful. =(

Re:Informix future & Delphi

The best connectivity tool (Delpi + tool + C/S database) is most often
something else (than the BDE).  Even for Borland's InterBase you should
not use the BDE.  Consider using the BDE if you will try to use the same
program with different database types.  However, this will not always
(hardly ever?) be a success because of the peculiarities of the database
engines.
Do try to find some 3rd party drivers.

Regards,
Aage J.

Rafael Padilla wrote:
> Hi!

> We are developing an application with Informix and Delphi
> but we realized that Delphi 6 was released with its new
> tecnology(Data Snap, Web Snap, biz snap) to access databases without
> Informix support.

> Does anybody know why Borland didn't include Informix access ?

> or

> Is there any post release for Informix?,

> and

> What's comming for Informix in Delphi evolution?

> Regards!

> P.S. I think Informix has many advantages that at this time are not
> supported
>      by BDE. It's awful. =(

Re:Informix future & Delphi

You can find a BDE replacement for Informix on:
http://www.sqldirect-soft.com/

"Aage Johansen" <aage.johan...@kreftreg.no> wrote in message

> The best connectivity tool (Delpi + tool + C/S database) is most often
> something else (than the BDE).  Even for Borland's InterBase you should
> not use the BDE.  Consider using the BDE if you will try to use the same
> program with different database types.  However, this will not always
> (hardly ever?) be a success because of the peculiarities of the database
> engines.
> Do try to find some 3rd party drivers.

> Regards,
> Aage J.

> Rafael Padilla wrote:

> > Hi!

> > We are developing an application with Informix and Delphi
> > but we realized that Delphi 6 was released with its new
> > tecnology(Data Snap, Web Snap, biz snap) to access databases without
> > Informix support.

> > Does anybody know why Borland didn't include Informix access ?

> > or

> > Is there any post release for Informix?,

> > and

> > What's comming for Informix in Delphi evolution?

> > Regards!

> > P.S. I think Informix has many advantages that at this time are not
> > supported
> >      by BDE. It's awful. =(

Other Threads