Problem: Master/Detail shows details during Master Insert

I have forms with a master record in editable controls with a nav bar
and the detail records in a grid.  The grid even has it's own navbar.

Users are confused because when they click insert, the detail records
from whatever record they were viewing are still displayed.  One user
even deleted all the detail records showing before he clicked the save
for the master record.

I have worked around this these 2 ways:

a) disconnect the grid in the afterinsert and reconnect in post: this
looks rather ugly.

b) in the afterinsert, post the record and then put it back into edit
mode:  this means they can't cancel an insert - have to delete the
record.

Better ideas, anyone?

"The differences between theory and practice are
greater in practice than they are in theory."

Re:Problem: Master/Detail shows details during Master Insert

Im not sure if this will work in your case, but try  tabledetail.refresh?

Richard <rgrossman-DeleteThisP...@techIII.com> wrote in message

> I have forms with a master record in editable controls with a nav bar
> and the detail records in a grid.  The grid even has it's own navbar.

> Users are confused because when they click insert, the detail records
> from whatever record they were viewing are still displayed.  One user
> even deleted all the detail records showing before he clicked the save
> for the master record.

> I have worked around this these 2 ways:

> a) disconnect the grid in the afterinsert and reconnect in post: this
> looks rather ugly.

> b) in the afterinsert, post the record and then put it back into edit
> mode:  this means they can't cancel an insert - have to delete the
> record.

> Better ideas, anyone?

> --

> "The differences between theory and practice are
> greater in practice than they are in theory."

Other Threads