Board index » delphi » Epson dot matrix

Epson dot matrix

Hi

 Has anyone had problems with QR 2i\Win 95\D3.01 and Epson dot-matrix
printers? We have two sites with brand new Epson 24 pin printers, and if
spooling is enabled, they refuse to print until something happens to the
exe, ie shift focus, move the form or similar.

Also, if the user selects the 'tear off' option, the second page is always
distorted near the top of the page. The drivers are brand new also.

Canon & HP printers don't seem to be affected. We haven't moved to 2j
because of discussion that says the PrinterIndex is broken in j.

Anyone heard anything? Love to hear from you if you have,

Regards
--
Peter Crain

 

Re:Epson dot matrix


My QR2.0i reports have been printing fine using the generic Epson 24 pin
driver in Windows95--I did run into some problems with the specialized
drivers, but since I didn't use any of the special features provided by the
specialized drivers, I switch to using the generic Epson 24 pin driver.
This may or may not be applicable to you.  Good luck.
Gene

pcrain <pcr...@enc.net.au> wrote in article
<01bd3ad4$e46f0240$a2461...@pcrain.ecn.net.au>...

Quote
> Hi

>  Has anyone had problems with QR 2i\Win 95\D3.01 and Epson dot-matrix
> printers? We have two sites with brand new Epson 24 pin printers, and if
> spooling is enabled, they refuse to print until something happens to the
> exe, ie shift focus, move the form or similar.

> Also, if the user selects the 'tear off' option, the second page is
always
> distorted near the top of the page. The drivers are brand new also.

> Canon & HP printers don't seem to be affected. We haven't moved to 2j
> because of discussion that says the PrinterIndex is broken in j.

> Anyone heard anything? Love to hear from you if you have,

> Regards
> --
> Peter Crain

Re:Epson dot matrix


Gene

Thanks for that, you have helped eliminate my first guess - all Epsons are
a problem:~)

We don't have problems with Canon or HP bubble-jets, but the line printing
technology isn't that far removed from 24 pin, so I expect the problem is
in the drivers we are using.

What 'specialized drivers' are there?

Regards

Peter Crain

Gene <ge...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<01bd3b2c$fe952930$0390a8c0@svr_theta>...

Quote
> My QR2.0i reports have been printing fine using the generic Epson 24 pin
> driver in Windows95--I did run into some problems with the specialized
> drivers, but since I didn't use any of the special features provided by
the
> specialized drivers, I switch to using the generic Epson 24 pin driver.
> This may or may not be applicable to you.  Good luck.
> Gene

Re:Epson dot matrix


In the printer driver list, there are specific specialized drivers for some
specific Epson printer model--these specialized drivers provide additional
features that the particular printer model supports--features which are not
present in the generic Epson24pin driver.  Good luck.
Gene

Peter Crain <pcr...@enc.net.au> wrote in article
<01bd3b89$e43cf380$7f461...@pcrain.ecn.net.au>...

Quote
> Gene

> Thanks for that, you have helped eliminate my first guess - all Epsons
are
> a problem:~)

> We don't have problems with Canon or HP bubble-jets, but the line
printing
> technology isn't that far removed from 24 pin, so I expect the problem is
> in the drivers we are using.

> What 'specialized drivers' are there?

> Regards

> Peter Crain

> Gene <ge...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
> <01bd3b2c$fe952930$0390a8c0@svr_theta>...
> > My QR2.0i reports have been printing fine using the generic Epson 24
pin
> > driver in Windows95--I did run into some problems with the specialized
> > drivers, but since I didn't use any of the special features provided by
> the
> > specialized drivers, I switch to using the generic Epson 24 pin driver.
> > This may or may not be applicable to you.  Good luck.
> > Gene

Other Threads