DELPHI 3 BUG EVENT HANDLER BUG!?

Got your attention?

In a large MDI application I set the OnCreate and OnClose event handlers
for a MDI child form in the Object inspector. Is save the changes, compile
and run. No problem.

I close the application and DELPHI.

I then re-open  the application. The event handler properties in the object
inspector have 'disappeared' and need to be reset. Real nuisance!

Any clues out there?

Pierre du Parte
Final Filer Software
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pdp
pie...@duparte.fam.aust.com

Delphi is doomed, but I struggle on.

Re:DELPHI 3 BUG EVENT HANDLER BUG!?

--------------E74A2A69E2DAA5C45CC6DECF

Pierre du Parte wrote:
> Got your attention?

> In a large MDI application I set the OnCreate and OnClose event
> handlers
> for a MDI child form in the Object inspector. Is save the changes,
> compile
> and run. No problem.

> I close the application and DELPHI.

> I then re-open  the application. The event handler properties in the
> object
> inspector have 'disappeared' and need to be reset. Real nuisance!

Check if you have used any components that take over these form events
for their own use without passing them on. I had the same problems that
you describe in a component I made where I forgot to do just that.

--------------E74A2A69E2DAA5C45CC6DECF

begin:          vcard
fn:             Eivind Bakkestuen
n:              ;Eivind Bakkestuen
email;internet: eiv...@hypersoft.no
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

: "Pierre du Parte" <Pie...@duparte.fam.aust.com> wrote:

>Got your attention?

>In a large MDI application I set the OnCreate and OnClose event handlers
>for a MDI child form in the Object inspector. Is save the changes, compile
>and run. No problem.

>I close the application and DELPHI.

>I then re-open  the application. The event handler properties in the object
>inspector have 'disappeared' and need to be reset. Real nuisance!

>Any clues out there?

I have never experienced this problem you describe ever since Delphi
1/2/3 got launched
--
* Please accept my apologies for the anti-spam measures *
email: Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) poboxes.com

Re:DELPHI 3 BUG EVENT HANDLER BUG!?

If the event handlers have no code entered, Delphi automatically deletes the
handler. If you want a blank event handler to stay in your code, add  {} between
the begin and end.

HTH
David

In article , no.spam.ple...@see.signature says...

>: "Pierre du Parte" <Pie...@duparte.fam.aust.com> wrote:

>>Got your attention?

>>In a large MDI application I set the OnCreate and OnClose event handlers
>>for a MDI child form in the Object inspector. Is save the changes, compile
>>and run. No problem.

>>I close the application and DELPHI.

>>I then re-open  the application. The event handler properties in the object
>>inspector have 'disappeared' and need to be reset. Real nuisance!

>>Any clues out there?

>I have never experienced this problem you describe ever since Delphi
>1/2/3 got launched
>--
>* Please accept my apologies for the anti-spam measures *
>email: Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) poboxes.com
>http://www.poboxes.com/Hoffmeister
>Delphi FAQs, KBs, docs: http://www.poboxes.com/Hoffmeister/Delphi

Other Threads