Warning: IB Blob updates with Stored Procedures

I discovered the following problem using Delphi 3 and InterBase 4.2, and I
offer my experience as a warning to other developers.

Using a Delphi TQuery with "cached updates" to update a read-only InterBase
View containing BLOB fields works fine as long as you update the table's
BLOB fields directly within the IB Insert and Update Triggers.  Do NOT (as
I did) call Stored Procedures from the Triggers and pass the BLOBs as
parameters to the Stored Procedures.  It doesn't work!!

If anyone has any first hand experience to the contrary, I would like to
hear about it!

- John
John D. Howard Software
email: j...@johnhoward.com