Problem running DOS protected mode application in Windows 2000

Help,

I have a DOS protected mode application writen in Borland Pascal 7.  This
program is shelled from a VB program.  The DOS application runs fine in
Windows 9x except that I had to modify to proper to close on exit, but on
Windows 2000, it just does not exit when done and when you restart the
computer, a message popup and says that you have to end the application.
Can someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Nguyen

--
Best regards,

Michael Q Nguyen
Software Engineer
PEP Technology
711 W 17th Street Bldg. E-11
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)631-6950
Email: m...@peptechnology.com
Web: www.peptechnology.com

Re:Problem running DOS protected mode application in Windows 2000

Michael Q Nguyen wrote:

> Help,

> I have a DOS protected mode application writen in Borland Pascal 7.  This
> program is shelled from a VB program.  The DOS application runs fine in
> Windows 9x except that I had to modify to proper to close on exit, but on
> Windows 2000, it just does not exit when done and when you restart the
> computer, a message popup and says that you have to end the application.
> Can someone help me.

If it is already protected mode clean, why don't you try to recompile it
with a win32 compiler like Free Pascal (www.freepascal.org).

Or GPC, VP, or even Delphi

--

Marco van de Voort (Mar...@stack.nl or ma...@freepascal.org)

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> If it is already protected mode clean, why don't you try to recompile it
> with a win32 compiler like Free Pascal (www.freepascal.org).

Not everything written for DPMI runs under Free Pascal.

DPMI is still a 16-bit environment, with Segment and Offset.
Free Pascal is a flat 32-bit environment.

     - Rich

I know, that's why I wrote "Try" :-)

> DPMI is still a 16-bit environment, with Segment and Offset.
> Free Pascal is a flat 32-bit environment.

Protected is a better word, to avoid confusion, since flat is often used
for "unreal/flatreal mode".

--

Marco van de Voort (Mar...@stack.nl or ma...@freepascal.org)

Other Threads