IDE bug : "Find in Files"

This drove me up the wall until I worked out what was happening :

If you set the search direction to Backward in Search/Find, Find in Files
will not work at all. Sometimes it will report lots of spurious hits,
most times it will say the text wasn't found. It looks as if something
has seriously corrupted the IDE, especially as you occasionally get an
access violation message.

What's more, you can restart the IDE or reboot the machine as much as you
like and the symptoms will persist, because the 'backwards' setting is
remembered in the registry. In fact, that was how I diagnosed the problem
- my PC came with ConfigSafe installed by Gateway and the change in the
setting showed up there.

I haven't been so baffled since someone resized the Win95 taskbar to zero
height by accident and asked me to help them work out what had happened.

Re:IDE bug : "Find in Files"

>This drove me up the wall until I worked out what was happening :

>If you set the search direction to Backward in Search/Find, Find in Files
>will not work at all. Sometimes it will report lots of spurious hits,
>most times it will say the text wasn't found. It looks as if something
>has seriously corrupted the IDE, especially as you occasionally get an
>access violation message.

>What's more, you can restart the IDE or reboot the machine as much as you
>like and the symptoms will persist, because the 'backwards' setting is
>remembered in the registry. In fact, that was how I diagnosed the problem
>- my PC came with ConfigSafe installed by Gateway and the change in the
>setting showed up there.

>I haven't been so baffled since someone resized the Win95 taskbar to zero
>height by accident and asked me to help them work out what had happened.

Are you gonna report this to Borland?  I'm sure they'd like to know about it
so it'll be fixed in the next release..

Scott Wilson
PLastic Studios - PLastic Makes It Possible
Dallas TX

Other Threads