Board index » delphi » MDX vs CDX When using Delphi 1 versus Delphi 3??

MDX vs CDX When using Delphi 1 versus Delphi 3??

Senario:

We have some DBFs with CDXs that are shared with Foxpro programs.
When I access these files with Delphi 3 there is no problem. The CDXs
are recognized and used properly.
When I try to access these files with Delphi 1 the BDE(?) is looking for
an MDX file instead.
The majority of the people that will use this application only have
Windows 3.xx.

Question:
Is there any way to get Delphi 1 to recognize the CDXs?

Help??? Please.

Ron Nemec

email: Ron.Ne...@doegjpo.com

 

Re:MDX vs CDX When using Delphi 1 versus Delphi 3??


No, only in D3..  I would recommend dumping the BDE and using Halcyon or
Advantage Database.. ( not sure if advantage will work in D1, but halcyon
will)
Halcyons address is http://www.grifsolu.com

--
Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.
Astoria Communications
360-686-8315

Quote
Ron Nemec wrote in message <34EB159E.5F531...@gj.net>...
>Senario:

>We have some DBFs with CDXs that are shared with Foxpro programs.
>When I access these files with Delphi 3 there is no problem. The CDXs
>are recognized and used properly.
>When I try to access these files with Delphi 1 the BDE(?) is looking for
>an MDX file instead.
>The majority of the people that will use this application only have
>Windows 3.xx.

>Question:
>Is there any way to get Delphi 1 to recognize the CDXs?

>Help??? Please.

>Ron Nemec

>email: Ron.Ne...@doegjpo.com

Re:MDX vs CDX When using Delphi 1 versus Delphi 3??


Gordon,

Advantage does have drivers for all version of Delphi 1,2 and 3.  It also
now includes local drivers so you can test run and deploy your application
in a non client/server environment also.  

Gordon Hamm <v...@yabin.com> wrote in article
<6cf4he$j...@forums.borland.com>...

Quote
> No, only in D3..  I would recommend dumping the BDE and using Halcyon or
> Advantage Database.. ( not sure if advantage will work in D1, but halcyon
> will)
> Halcyons address is http://www.grifsolu.com

> --
> Gordon Hamm
> Voice Data Systems Inc.
> Astoria Communications
> 360-686-8315
> Ron Nemec wrote in message <34EB159E.5F531...@gj.net>...
> >Senario:

> >We have some DBFs with CDXs that are shared with Foxpro programs.
> >When I access these files with Delphi 3 there is no problem. The CDXs
> >are recognized and used properly.
> >When I try to access these files with Delphi 1 the BDE(?) is looking for
> >an MDX file instead.
> >The majority of the people that will use this application only have
> >Windows 3.xx.

> >Question:
> >Is there any way to get Delphi 1 to recognize the CDXs?

> >Help??? Please.

> >Ron Nemec

> >email: Ron.Ne...@doegjpo.com

Other Threads