Sudden BDE failure (2108), what can it be ?

Having very few problems that are not of my own making in Delphi1 then
all of a sudden it refuses to load the Complib.dcl and gives the above
error message No 2108 ?

Having tried all the usual. Any ideas?
--
Ian Robinson

Re:Sudden BDE failure (2108), what can it be ?

Ian Robinson wrote:
> Having very few problems that are not of my own making in Delphi1 then
> all of a sudden it refuses to load the Complib.dcl and gives the above
> error message No 2108 ?
> Having tried all the usual. Any ideas?
> Ian Robinson

Try to reinstall original library (from the CD)

Aage J.
_

Ian Robinson wrote:

> Having very few problems that are not of my own making in Delphi1 then
> all of a sudden it refuses to load the Complib.dcl and gives the above
> error message No 2108 ?

> Having tried all the usual. Any ideas?
> --
> Ian Robinson

Look for complib.~dc - the backup of complib.dcl when you made change
to it and copy it to complib.dcl

Ian Robinson wrote:

> Having very few problems that are not of my own making in Delphi1 then
> all of a sudden it refuses to load the Complib.dcl and gives the above
> error message No 2108 ?

> Having tried all the usual. Any ideas?
> --
> Ian Robinson

Ian:

This is an IDAPI problem, maybe you lost access to the idapi01.dll, or
you garbled the win.ini sections that drive the database acces that
Delphi wants before opening the Complib.dcl.

The win.ini sections needed must show as:

[IDAPI]
DLLPATH=D:\IDAPI
CONFIGFILE01=D:\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG

[Borland Language Drivers]
LDPath=D:\IDAPI\LANGDRV

Of course whit your own paths.

Also you must check the existance of Delphi.ini in your windows
directory, and it must contain in the first lines something as:

[Library]
SearchPath=D:\DELPHI\LIB
ComponentLibrary=D:\DELPHI\BIN\COMPLIB.DCL

Of course whit your own paths.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

**** Ministerio de Educacion y Cultura - C.P.D.           ****
**** Vitruvio, 4 - 28006 MADRID                           ****
**** SPAIN                                                ****
**** Last Modified on: 19/09/96                           ****
**** Name:  Eduardo Carriles Diaz de Bustamante           ****
****        ASESOR TECNICO - PER MEC-CPD RedIris          ****
**** email: e...@mec.es                                   ****
**** email: e...@cpd.subs.mec.es                          ****
**** TFNOS: 34-1-411.2385 (Directo)                       ****
****        34-1-562.6900  Ext-7201                       ****
****   FAX: 34-1-562.3602                                 ****

Eduardo Carriles MEC - CPD wrote:

> Ian Robinson wrote:

> > Having very few problems that are not of my own making in Delphi1 then
> > all of a sudden it refuses to load the Complib.dcl and gives the above
> > error message No 2108 ?

Check that you have HDD space if you do then delete your
paradox lck files for your database. I _almost_ guarantee
that this will fix this error.

Dunc.
dmarg...@scomhbr3.telstra.com.au

Other Threads