Image loading/Capturing

Sorry about the cross-posting, but I need a result A.S.A.P

I'm writing a program in Turbo Pascal 6, for a school assignment.
All was flowing well, until I stumpled across a ANYPCX.PAS file.
I was amazed. Loading an image file into Pascal hadn't occured to me.

What I want to do is, load some sort of image (any common type) into
pascal, but then want to capture it with GetImage, then place it with
PutImage

Currently I'm only using the units Graph and Crt.
I don't really want to completly overhaul my project (I'm lazy and
sick, bad combo) so I'd appreciate the simplest method

TIA

--
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Electronic_Fart

Re:Image loading/Capturing

Electronic_Fart wrote:
> Sorry about the cross-posting, but I need a result A.S.A.P

> I'm writing a program in Turbo Pascal 6, for a school assignment.
> All was flowing well, until I stumpled across a ANYPCX.PAS file.
> I was amazed. Loading an image file into Pascal hadn't occured to me.

> What I want to do is, load some sort of image (any common type) into
> pascal, but then want to capture it with GetImage, then place it with
> PutImage

> Currently I'm only using the units Graph and Crt.
> I don't really want to completly overhaul my project (I'm lazy and
> sick, bad combo) so I'd appreciate the simplest method

> TIA

look at www.wotsit.org for the details of some image format (e.g. BMP)
and write your own little reader for this, using BGI. It's not that
hard. You only need to implement the color depths and features your
specific project needs.

Markus

Other Threads