HELP: Printer resolution and margins problem - how to check if printer page layout have margins ?

Hello !

I try now to draw on CadJet plotter. I get plotter resolution (dpi and number of pixels per page) by using
GetDeviceCaps API function. Then i try to output according to these numbers. But plotter define by default
page layout with margins around 1/2" - and it means that actual page size iz less by 1", so my drawing printed
truncated. Is there a way to check if printer define margins and what actual page size or what is size of
margins ? If you know such way - can you please drop me a mail ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Alex.

Re:HELP: Printer resolution and margins problem - how to check if printer page layout have margins ?

In article <Dsr89J....@actcom.co.il>, alexl...@actcom.co.il wrote:

>Hello !

>I try now to draw on CadJet plotter. I get plotter resolution (dpi and number

of pixels per page) by using
>GetDeviceCaps API function. Then i try to output according to these numbers.

But plotter define by default
>page layout with margins around 1/2" - and it means that actual page size iz

less by 1", so my drawing printed
>truncated. Is there a way to check if printer define margins and what actual

page size or what is size of

>margins ? If you know such way - can you please drop me a mail ?

I feel you have the answer already within your grasp. GetDeviceCaps has
parameters for getting margins - PHYSICALOFFSETX, PHYSICALOFFSETY.

Regards,

--
Bob Cousins, Sirius {*word*104}netics Ltd.

Other Threads