How to call/execute a command line program?

I'm stumped. How do I execute a program at the windows command line from
within a Delphi GUI application?

I'm trying to design an application where the GUI forms simply pass
arguments to command line programs. I'm using the download version of Delphi
(and Kylix), so perhaps this capability is not included with my version? I
can't find anything in the documentation or two books on Kylix I own.

Thank you for your help.

John Zbesko

Re:How to call/execute a command line program?

in windows its shellexecute.
dunno what the linux one is

John Zbesko wrote in message ...
>I'm stumped. How do I execute a program at the windows command line from
>within a Delphi GUI application?

>I'm trying to design an application where the GUI forms simply pass
>arguments to command line programs. I'm using the download version of
Delphi
>(and Kylix), so perhaps this capability is not included with my version? I
>can't find anything in the documentation or two books on Kylix I own.

When you're stumped, (1) read the help files; (2) read the FAQ;
(3) read Google Groups.

http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-miniFAQ.htm
(That's where the FAQ is.)

Groetjes,