Ping SQL Server

Hello everyone,

Before my program connects to my Remote SQL Server database, I want to
"PING" (so I can detect that the person is dialed up) somehow from within my
program.

Basically I need to know whether the person has a connection to my server so
if they don't, I can show a Dial-Up Connection dialog box.

Thanks for all your help,
TS

Re:Ping SQL Server

I found it, finally.  For anyone who is watching this to see if anyone will
reply, I will reply to myself.  I found a TPing component on www.torry.ru
under the Communications section.

Thanks,
TS

"Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello everyone,

> Before my program connects to my Remote SQL Server database, I want to
> "PING" (so I can detect that the person is dialed up) somehow from within
my
> program.

> Basically I need to know whether the person has a connection to my server
so
> if they don't, I can show a Dial-Up Connection dialog box.

> Thanks for all your help,
> TS

Re:Ping SQL Server

I am sorry for that I reply late. Winshoe package also offer TWinshoePing do
the same thing.

Best Regards
Leigh Wanstead

> I found it, finally.  For anyone who is watching this to see if anyone
will
> reply, I will reply to myself.  I found a TPing component on www.torry.ru
> under the Communications section.

> Thanks,
> TS

> "Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone,

> > Before my program connects to my Remote SQL Server database, I want to
> > "PING" (so I can detect that the person is dialed up) somehow from
within
> my
> > program.

> > Basically I need to know whether the person has a connection to my
server
> so
> > if they don't, I can show a Dial-Up Connection dialog box.

> > Thanks for all your help,
> > TS

Other Threads