Com exe Server without Forms

Is it possible to create a COM exe server which does not use forms.

What I am trying to do is create a single server object which can handle
request from various processes.  If I am correct, a COM Library will not
work because each process will map its own copy, but I need just a single
instance, not multiple, because the COM server creates a background thread
to handle various database access tasks.

The reason I want to avoid the Forms is to avoid the well-documented 4k
memory leak in Delphi.

Any ideas much appreciated.

TimG

Re:Com exe Server without Forms

"Tim Gudgeon" <t...@footballnews.co.uk> wrote in message <news:3b94a79c_2@dnews>...
> Is it possible to create a COM exe server which does not use forms.

> What I am trying to do is create a single server object which can handle
> request from various processes.  If I am correct, a COM Library will not
> work because each process will map its own copy, but I need just a single
> instance, not multiple, because the COM server creates a background thread
> to handle various database access tasks.

> The reason I want to avoid the Forms is to avoid the well-documented 4k
> memory leak in Delphi.

> Any ideas much appreciated.

> TimG

Try 'this user' identity in dcomconfig.
I think you may need to set some rights like
'log on as a batch job' etc on the server.

Other Threads