Paradox Block Size Setting in BDE Administrator

We experienced "Table is Full" error in a paradox table of our
database.After changing the block size of the table from 4096 to
16384 , the maximum table size of the table extend to 1GB.

Now we have tables in different block size including 2048, 4096
and 16384. How to set the block size in BDE administrator?

Are there any problem due to the inconsistent of the table
block size and block size in BDE adminstrator setting?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Re:Paradox Block Size Setting in BDE Administrator

Congif, drivers,native,paradox,block size.

I think it controls the block size of newly created tables only.
Exisiting tables keep their block size.  There is a BDE re-structure
utility on the Borland www site, which will change exisiting tables.
Let me know if you cannot find it or compile it.  The *.exe version
needs D3 packages.

I don't think mixed block sizes in various tables is important but
doubtless the newsgroup will correct me.

Andrew

Fiona wrote:

> How to set the block size in BDE administrator?

Use the PXREST utility for that task, source and EXE
included:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/pxrest_package.zip

> Are there any problem due to the inconsistent of the table
> block size and block size in BDE adminstrator setting?

There's no problem having different block sizes in different
Paradox tables.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads