A good report writer

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good third party report writer
for Delphi ?
How about Crystal Reports ?

Thanks
Peter P

Re:A good report writer

I've used Crystal Reports, but it was a bit buggy and its support for Delphi
was half-hearted (code samples were all in Visual Basic). I think they have
a better VCL component in the new version 8.5, but I don't use it anymore.

I use Report Builder from Digital Metaphors,
http://www.digital-metaphors.com, and I recommend it. Especially if you
prefer to create your reports in code instead of laying them out visually,
you might prefer Rave (formerly Report Printer Pro) from Nevrona Designs,
http://www.nevrona.com.

Report Builder and Rave are the two most powerful and popular report
components for Delphi, from what I see. Others are listed at
http://www.borland.com/delphi/resources/deltools.html#repo. Almost all of
them have free demo versions you can download to test-drive.

  Richard

"Peter P" <cam...@hex.com.tw> wrote in message

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a good third party report writer
> for Delphi ?
> How about Crystal Reports ?

Re:A good report writer

In article <9gfrgs$...@netnews.hinet.net>, cam...@hex.com.tw says...

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a good third party report writer
> for Delphi ?
> How about Crystal Reports ?

FastReport

Re:A good report writer

I hate to say it, but...

    How about Microsoft Word / Excel !

Import the type library, then command word directly! Also this gives
advanced customers a FREE report editor, so that they can alter the layout
of the report as they desire.  I've thought about using this myself, but
haven't had anything to write yet.

Regards

Colin D.

"Peter P" <cam...@hex.com.tw> wrote in message

| Does anyone have any recommendations for a good third party report writer
| for Delphi ?
| How about Crystal Reports ?
|
| Thanks
| Peter P

Re:A good report writer

I work with QuickReport (www.qusoft.no, the latest version 3.0.8 is almost
without bugs), but I hear that some people realy like ACE reporter
(http://www.sct-associates.com/products.html).

"Peter P" <cam...@hex.com.tw> schreef in bericht

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a good third party report writer
> for Delphi ?
> How about Crystal Reports ?

> Thanks
> Peter P