Modeless form in Dll - Setting parent makes form invisible

Main application is calling exported function in dll that creates and
displays a modeless form.  I want the dll form contained within a panel of
the calling application.  I pass the Panel as a parameter in the exported
function.  If I assign the dll forms parent property to be the panel the
form is no longer invisible.  Tried assigning a forms parent to a panel in
test application and it works fine if the form is created within the
application and the border style is bsNone. Anyone know how to contain a dll
form within a Twincontrol?

Re:Modeless form in Dll - Setting parent makes form invisible

You have to create the form in the dll using CreateParented and pass the
handle of  the panel to have it display.

"dthiess" <darrenthies...@home.com> wrote in message

> Main application is calling exported function in dll that creates and
> displays a modeless form.  I want the dll form contained within a panel of
> the calling application.  I pass the Panel as a parameter in the exported
> function.  If I assign the dll forms parent property to be the panel the
> form is no longer invisible.  Tried assigning a forms parent to a panel in
> test application and it works fine if the form is created within the
> application and the border style is bsNone. Anyone know how to contain a
dll
> form within a Twincontrol?

Other Threads