Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

I have noticed that my TurboPascal v. 7.0 for DOS has a Crt unit that
doesn't work (says "Division by Zero") when run in Windows NT.  Does
anybody know how to get a Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?  Thanks in
advance!

Stan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

In article <8fulvb$kj...@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <stan_byer...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>I have noticed that my TurboPascal v. 7.0 for DOS has a Crt unit that
>doesn't work (says "Division by Zero") when run in Windows NT.  Does
>anybody know how to get a Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?  Thanks in
>advance!

RTFF.

Osmo

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

On Wed 17 May 2000 07:46:18p,  In article
<8fvb0a$gj...@kruuna.Helsinki.FI>,  ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi (Osmo

Ronkanen) wrote:
>In article <8fulvb$kj...@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <stan_byer...@my-deja.com>
>wrote:
>>I have noticed that my TurboPascal v. 7.0 for DOS has a Crt unit that
>>doesn't work (says "Division by Zero") when run in Windows NT.  Does
>>anybody know how to get a Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?  Thanks in
>>advance!

>RTFF.

IMHIYTHWTFFCBF.

lanny <la...@spam.me.not> wrote:
> On Wed 17 May 2000 07:46:18p,  In article
> <8fvb0a$gj...@kruuna.Helsinki.FI>,  ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi (Osmo
> Ronkanen) wrote:
>>In article <8fulvb$kj...@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <stan_byer...@my-deja.com>
>>wrote:
>>>I have noticed that my TurboPascal v. 7.0 for DOS has a Crt unit that
>>>doesn't work (says "Division by Zero") when run in Windows NT.  Does
>>>anybody know how to get a Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?  Thanks in
>>>advance!

>>RTFF.
> IMHIYTHWTFFCBF.

Okay, *that* one I'm having trouble parsing...

   sa...@maths.uwa.edu.au     |    come to ruin." -- Proverbs 13:3

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

In article <8fvl1g$qc...@enyo.uwa.edu.au>,
  sa...@maths.uwa.edu.au (The Scarlet Manuka) wrote:
> lanny <la...@spam.me.not> wrote:
> > On Wed 17 May 2000 07:46:18p,  In article
> > <8fvb0a$gj...@kruuna.Helsinki.FI>,  ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi (Osmo
> > Ronkanen) wrote:

> >>In article <8fulvb$kj...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

<stan_byer...@my-deja.com>

Does
Thanks in

> >>RTFF.

> > IMHIYTHWTFFCBF.

> Okay, *that* one I'm having trouble parsing...

Wait, I think I have it:
"It Might Help If You Tell Him Where The [Flipping] FAQ Can Be Found"

--
Get paid to surf:
www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=HAM962

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

The Scarlet Manuka heeft geschreven in bericht
<8fvl1g$qc...@enyo.uwa.edu.au>...

>lanny <la...@spam.me.not> wrote:
>> On Wed 17 May 2000 07:46:18p,  In article
>> <8fvb0a$gj...@kruuna.Helsinki.FI>,  ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi
(Osmo
>> Ronkanen) wrote:

>>>In article <8fulvb$kj...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

<stan_byer...@my-deja.com>

>>>wrote:
<snip>
>>>RTFF.

>> IMHIYTHWTFFCBF.

>Okay, *that* one I'm having trouble parsing...

Well, here's a start
In My Humble I...(interpretation) You're The H..(hundredth?)
With This F*ing FAQ  C...(see) B...(before) F...

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

In article <8fvl1g$qc...@enyo.uwa.edu.au>, sa...@maths.uwa.edu.au says...

>lanny <la...@spam.me.not> wrote:
>> On Wed 17 May 2000 07:46:18p,  In article
>> <8fvb0a$gj...@kruuna.Helsinki.FI>,  ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi (Osmo
>> Ronkanen) wrote:

>>>RTFF.

>> IMHIYTHWTFFCBF.

>Okay, *that* one I'm having trouble parsing...

It Might Help If You Told Him Where The F* FAQ Can Be Found??

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

JRS:  In article <8fulvb$kj...@nnrp1.deja.com> of Wed, 17 May 2000
17:47:29 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, stan_byer...@my-deja.com
wrote:

>I have noticed that my TurboPascal v. 7.0 for DOS has a Crt unit that
>doesn't work (says "Division by Zero") when run in Windows NT.  Does
>anybody know how to get a Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?  Thanks in
>advance!

Deja => RBTD?

Read before Write!  You get the answers more quickly that way!!
Pascal Start-Up Error 200 on fast PCs when using the Crt unit is a VFAQ!

Read the many earlier postings in the comp.lang.pascal.borland (Frank H,
Roger D, ...) and borland.public.turbopascal newsgroups (you can use
DejaNews), including the comp.lang.pascal.borland mini-FAQ, and Prof.
Salmi's FAQ  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip #124, and/or Ing.
Franz Glaser's http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html and my
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/  clpb-faq.txt  pas-time.htm  pas-lnx1.htm
Other fixes are to avoid all use of the Crt unit; to use Pedt Scragg's Crt
unit; to run Andreas Bauer's TPPATCH; or, if accurate Delay is not needed,
to compile with TP5 or TP6.

--
? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.   j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v4.00   MIME.

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

In article <S2oYRMCrB$I5E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>, Dr says...

[snip]

>Other fixes are to avoid all use of the Crt unit; to use Pedt Scragg's Crt
>unit; to run Andreas Bauer's TPPATCH; or, if accurate Delay is not needed,
>to compile with TP5 or TP6.

You didn't mention Norbert Juffa's TURBO.TPL replacement library for TP/BP7.x

Was that an oversight or is it considered buggy?

Re:Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

JRS:  In article <8g2e0k...@drn.newsguy.com> of Thu, 18 May 2000
20:56:04 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, john...@utix.edu wrote:

>In article <S2oYRMCrB$I5E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>, Dr says...

>[snip]

>>Other fixes are to avoid all use of the Crt unit; to use Pedt Scragg's Crt
>>unit; to run Andreas Bauer's TPPATCH; or, if accurate Delay is not needed,
>>to compile with TP5 or TP6.

>You didn't mention Norbert Juffa's TURBO.TPL replacement library for TP/BP7.x

>Was that an oversight or is it considered buggy?

Well, I did write "Other fixes" rather than "All other fixes".

I have no information about NJ's library in relation to the RTE200
problem, and had never considered that aspect of it.  I do have an
unused copy of BPL70N16, seemingly completed by 1994-08-29, which is
early enough that the problem might not have appeared at that time.

The "readme" section "Improvements in CRT module" does not mention
RTE200.

Perhaps someone else knows whether the library fixes the RTE200 error,
or could inspect the code in the TPL file?

I know nothing of its bug-status, though would be hopeful.