Delphi BDE client/server installation with ORACLE driver

Hello everyone,

I'm having problems installing the BDE with c/s 2.0  and a general
ORACLE driver. I have an older copy of the BDE which came with Delphi
Developer 2. After installation, the BDE only shows 'Paradox' and
'Dbase' in the drivers window even though the default 'Oracle' driver
was installed. I have tried removing everything from my system
(uninstall, manually remove from registry, ...) and reinstalling but
still only paradox and dbase appear as drivers. Any suggestions on how
to have oracle drivers appear would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vikram Arora.

Re:Delphi BDE client/server installation with ORACLE driver

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:43:09 -0400, Vikram Arora

<aro...@mail.vtls.com> wrote:
>I'm having problems installing the BDE with c/s 2.0  and a general
>ORACLE driver. I have an older copy of the BDE which came with Delphi
>Developer 2. After installation, the BDE only shows 'Paradox' and
>'Dbase' in the drivers window even though the default 'Oracle' driver
>was installed. I have tried removing everything from my system
>(uninstall, manually remove from registry, ...) and reinstalling but
>still only paradox and dbase appear as drivers. Any suggestions on how
>to have oracle drivers appear would be appreciated. Thanks.

Delphi Developer 2 is not Delphi C/S 2.0.  Only installing BDE when
you install Delphi C/S will give you the Oracle drivers.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "general ORACLE driver".  If you
are talking about the Borland SQL-Links for Oracle, fine.  Otherwise,
it's not clear why that should be an issue.

The people around you at your worksite should also be able to address
this issue.  There are some Delphi/Oracle experts there.

Other Threads