Internet with Delphi 2.0 and SQL Server

Are there any good books on programming for the Internet using Delphi 2.0 and
SQL server to create some sort of on-line database?

I am looking for something that is for the NT platform such that I can have
forms post to an executable or dll and have the dll do queries on the database
and modify the result set (from a TQuery?) and post HTML pages...

Tom.
tho...@dgsys.com

Re:Internet with Delphi 2.0 and SQL Server

tho...@dgs.dgsys.com (Thomas Mon) wrote:
>Are there any good books on programming for the Internet using Delphi 2.0 and
>SQL server to create some sort of on-line database?
>I am looking for something that is for the NT platform such that I can have
>forms post to an executable or dll and have the dll do queries on the database
>and modify the result set (from a TQuery?) and post HTML pages...

Tom, I have done this using CGI (my TQuery didn't plug into SQLServer
but that's trivial).  I published a Delphi CGI tutorial at
http://www.2solve.com.  You can take that code and modify it for
database access quite easily.

Please note that IIS or WebSite PRO using Delphi and ISAPI is a more
efficient route.  I hope to be able to start playing with that this
weekend.

Other Threads