CRT unit error 200

Please help!  I just purchased a new Dell Dimension XPS D333 with Windows 95
already loaded.  I have a lot of legacy Borland Pascal 7.0 programs I need
to be able to run on the new system.  Every program that utilizes the CRT
unit (ie: almost all of them) immediately generates a run-time Error 200
(divide by zero) as soon as the program begins running.  Does anyone know of
a fix for this?  Thanks.

-Richard J. Ogden

Re:CRT unit error 200

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!  You have my undying gratitude.  While I
was unable to assemble the ASM source (due to a missing dependancy), the
substitution of the Turbo.Tpl and TPP.Tpl units seems to have done the job.
You've really saved my ___!  (It was either fix it or go back to the old
Pentium 100 - argh!)

Ah, by the way, my McAfee VirusShield tells me you have an OKTAWIN.5664
virus infecting one copy of the patch file - wouldn't let me download it,
and said it couldn't be fixed...

-Richard

Ing. Franz Glaser wrote in message <35241057.37C78...@eunet.at>...
>Richard J. Ogden schrieb:

>> Please help!  I just purchased a new Dell Dimension XPS D333 with Windows
95
>> already loaded.  I have a lot of legacy Borland Pascal 7.0 programs I
need
>> to be able to run on the new system.  Every program that utilizes the CRT
>> unit (ie: almost all of them) immediately generates a run-time Error 200
>> (divide by zero) as soon as the program begins running.  Does anyone know
of
>> a fix for this?  Thanks.

>> -Richard J. Ogden

>http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/tp.html

Re:CRT unit error 200

Richard J. Ogden schrieb:

> Please help!  I just purchased a new Dell Dimension XPS D333 with Windows 95
> already loaded.  I have a lot of legacy Borland Pascal 7.0 programs I need
> to be able to run on the new system.  Every program that utilizes the CRT
> unit (ie: almost all of them) immediately generates a run-time Error 200
> (divide by zero) as soon as the program begins running.  Does anyone know of
> a fix for this?  Thanks.

> -Richard J. Ogden

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/tp.html

Re:CRT unit error 200

JRS:  In article <6g0ro5$...@obi-wan.fdt.net> of Thu, 2 Apr 1998
15:21:13 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, "Richard J. Ogden"

<piana...@gnv.fdt.net> wrote:
>Please help!  I just purchased a new Dell Dimension XPS D333 with Windows 95
>already loaded.  I have a lot of legacy Borland Pascal 7.0 programs I need
>to be able to run on the new system.  Every program that utilizes the CRT
>unit (ie: almost all of them) immediately generates a run-time Error 200
>(divide by zero) as soon as the program begins running.  Does anyone know of
>a fix for this?  Thanks.

Pascal Start-Up Error 200 on fast PCs when using the Crt unit is a VFAQ!

Read the many earlier postings in the comp.lang.pascal.borland (Frank H,
Roger D, ...) and borland.public.turbopascal newsgroups (you can use
DejaNews), including the comp.lang.pascal.borland mini-FAQ, and Prof.
Salmi's FAQ  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip #124, and/or see
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/  clpb-faq.txt  pas-time.htm  pas-linx.htm
Some collected patches are in http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/zipfiles/
Another fix is to avoid all use of the Crt unit, or, if accurate delay is
not needed, to compile with TP5 or TP6.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk     Turnpike v1.12    MIME.

Re:CRT unit error 200

Have you tried loading ANSI.sys from Config.SYS.  Your program must be
running on DOS in which case loading ANSI.sys manually might just do the
trick.  I remember having similar problem under the old DOS/Win 3.11.

Regards,

Jay Tanna

--
---------- Delete this line and everything below it when replying

Re:CRT unit error 200

Jay Tanna wrote:
> Have you tried loading ANSI.sys from Config.SYS.  Your program must be
> running on DOS in which case loading ANSI.sys manually might just do the
> trick.  I remember having similar problem under the old DOS/Win 3.11.

Wow.  This has to be the *first* time I've ever heard such a WAG about the
well known RTE200 bug in the Crt unit of TP7 running on fast machines.