ZoneAlarm and DNSResolver

I have just installed ZoneAlarm and now it seems that I have to have
ZoneAlarm running otherwise I get an error 11001 Host not found when I do a
DNSResolver.Resolve. My email client and IE are not affected.

Does anyone know a solution to this one?

Thanks

Steve

Re:ZoneAlarm and DNSResolver

"Andy" <a...@neillans.co.uk> wrote in

> I have seen horrendous problems with the Zone Alarm 3....

Ive had problems with ZA (older verisons) with both Indy and non Indy programs.
I've resolved not to use it because of how it interferes, and instead use a
more traditional port based firewall like PGP firewall.

   Want more Indy stuff? Try the Atozed Indy Portal at
        http://www.atozedsoftware.com/
    * More Free Demos
    * Free Articles
    * Extra Support

Re:ZoneAlarm and DNSResolver

Well, I can't voice my opinions of Zone Alarm 3 + in public :)
All I can say, is since many of my clients upgraded from v2.5, many are now
switching to 'true' hardware firewalls due to problems it caused!

--
Andy Neillans

*-*-*-*
Open Source VCS, based on FTP!
http://www.ftpvcs.org

"Steve Gibbs" <stevegi...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> Well, it just happens to be V3.1!

> Steve

> "Andy" <a...@neillans.co.uk> wrote in message
> > You will probably find this is a result of Zone Alarm altering the TCP
> Stack
> > in order to it to 'peek' and control the packets that are passing
through
> > your system.

> > What version of Zone Alarm are you using?

> > I have seen horrendous problems with the Zone Alarm 3....

> > --
> > Andy Neillans

> > *-*-*-*
> > Open Source VCS, based on FTP!
> > http://www.ftpvcs.org

> > "Steve Gibbs" <stevegi...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > > I have just installed ZoneAlarm and now it seems that I have to have
> > > ZoneAlarm running otherwise I get an error 11001 Host not found when I
> do
> > > DNSResolver.Resolve. My email client and IE are not affected.

> > > Does anyone know a solution to this one?

> > > Thanks

> > > Steve

Other Threads