Compiling Units

Hi all,

I just downloaded some source code and a few units from an FTP site that i
saw. They were all as .pas source code so I guessed that i could compile
them just like any other source only that i'll get TPU files as oppposed to
executables.
Right , there were 3 units that i was interested in.

modem.pas , dosextra.pas and dosextra2.pas.

I compiled the modem one without any trouble but had problems with the
other two.

After checking the source I've seen that dosextra.pas has the line " Uses
dosextra2" and the dosextra2.pas has a similar line with "uses dosextra"

Any ideas how I could compile either of these since each one requires the
other one to be already compiled?

--
-NK
n...@xtasy.prestel.co.uk

Re:Compiling Units

> I just downloaded some source code and a few units from an FTP site that i
> saw. They were all as .pas source code so I guessed that i could compile
> them just like any other source only that i'll get TPU files as oppposed to
> executables.
> Right , there were 3 units that i was interested in.

> modem.pas , dosextra.pas and dosextra2.pas.

> I compiled the modem one without any trouble but had problems with the
> other two.

> After checking the source I've seen that dosextra.pas has the line " Uses
> dosextra2" and the dosextra2.pas has a similar line with "uses dosextra"

> Any ideas how I could compile either of these since each one requires the
> other one to be already compiled?

Use Make or the Build option.

Re:Compiling Units

"NK" <n...@xtasy.prestel.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi all,

>I just downloaded some source code and a few units from an FTP site that i
>saw. They were all as .pas source code so I guessed that i could compile
>them just like any other source only that i'll get TPU files as oppposed to
>executables.
>Right , there were 3 units that i was interested in.

>modem.pas , dosextra.pas and dosextra2.pas.

>I compiled the modem one without any trouble but had problems with the
>other two.

>After checking the source I've seen that dosextra.pas has the line " Uses
>dosextra2" and the dosextra2.pas has a similar line with "uses dosextra"

>Any ideas how I could compile either of these since each one requires the
>other one to be already compiled?

I assume that at least one of the two units has the uses clause
referencing the other in the its implementation section.  In which
case a build should do the trick.  Option /B from the command
line, or select Compile|Build from the IDE menu.

    ...red

Re:Compiling Units

R.E.Donais <rdon...@southeast.net> wrote in article
<33a14b25.265211...@news.southeast.net>...

> "NK" <n...@xtasy.prestel.co.uk> wrote:

> >I compiled the modem one without any trouble but had problems with the
> >other two.

> >After checking the source I've seen that dosextra.pas has the line "
Uses
> >dosextra2" and the dosextra2.pas has a similar line with "uses dosextra"

> >Any ideas how I could compile either of these since each one requires
the
> >other one to be already compiled?

> I assume that at least one of the two units has the uses clause
> referencing the other in the its implementation section.  In which
> case a build should do the trick.  Option /B from the command
> line, or select Compile|Build from the IDE menu.

I think the *both* reference each other. I was just reading some of the
comments in one of the units and it mentions that it must be overlaid.....I
dont have a clue.
The files are rather large to post here so i have them online , if you or
someone else could give me a hand in compiling these units id be really
grateful.
Their Url will be :
http://www3.{*word*104}city.hko.net/islamabad/nk/files/units.zip

TIA

--
-NK
n...@xtasy.prestel.co.uk
www3.{*word*104}city.hko.net/islamabad/nk

Re:Compiling Units

n...@xtasy.prestel.co.uk wrote in a message to All:

 nx> I just downloaded some source code and a few units from an FTP site
 nx> that i saw. They were all as .pas source code so I guessed that i
 nx> could compile them just like any other source only that i'll get
 nx> TPU files as oppposed to executables.
 nx> Right , there were 3 units that i was interested in.

 nx> After checking the source I've seen that dosextra.pas has the line
 nx> " Uses dosextra2" and the dosextra2.pas has a similar line with
 nx> "uses dosextra"

 nx> Any ideas how I could compile either of these since each one
 nx> requires the other one to be already compiled?

Try moving the USES clauses into the IMPLEMENTATION section  is they are
not already there.

frank.mccorm...@mcbbs.magicnet.com         |
--
| Return Address:      Frank.McCorm...@mcbbs.mn.pubnix.ten
| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly her/his own.
|                      From addresses mangled solely to block spamming.
| Apologies to those trying to respond, correct suffix with .net

Other Threads