cmRead property of ADO connection

Dear All,
                I have an application where all database access goes through
one ADOconnection. When the program starts, the connection is changed from
false to true (it is defined via a UDL file).
I had the idea that to make a version of my application a "view only" I had
only to change the Mode of the connection to cmRead.
I have changed this value, recompiled and run, it makes no difference to the
app, I can update the database at will.
I have also added the line of code
allotsconnection.Mode:=(cmread);
before the connection.open line;

Am I misunderstanding the mode property?

I am running under windows 200, using delphi5 pro with latest Delphi and ADO
patches.

regards

--
John Evans
Technical Director

www.Clear-Advantage.co.uk

Re:cmRead property of ADO connection

>Am I misunderstanding the mode property?

According to help Mode is for reading the permissions available to the
connection not for setting them.   Depending on the OleDb driver you use you
probably set readonly access in the connection string.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:cmRead property of ADO connection

Thanks Brian,
John

> >Am I misunderstanding the mode property?
> According to help Mode is for reading the permissions available to the
> connection not for setting them.   Depending on the OleDb driver you use
you
> probably set readonly access in the connection string.
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads