SQL parameter wildcard for date field

I'm using a parameter in a query in a QuickReport (Delphi 3).  The
field type is date.  I want to allow the user to select one date for
filtering, or all records regardless of date.  Is there a wildcard for
this type of SQL parameter?  In ReportSmith it was the percent sign
(%).  It has to work on date fields, and I don't want to use LIKE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GregMau...@null.net

Re:SQL parameter wildcard for date field

Maybe you can use something like

... where ( table_date = parameter_date or parameter_date is null)

Maybe in QuickReport you should use something like
    ... or parameter_date =  ' '
instead of
    ... or parameter_date is null

Arjan.

Arjan van Bentem
Hilversum, the Netherlands
Mail: a.v.bentem on the server of cable.a2000.nl

Other Threads