DLL or EXE

Hi,

How can I check if a form was created inside a DLL or from the host EXE ?

I need to disable a button if the form was created inside a DLL but that
must be transpararent to my programmers.

TIA

---
Fabio Lindner

Re:DLL or EXE

Hi Fabio,

>How can I check if a form was created inside a DLL or from the host EXE ?

Can't you use a control field or different custom Show methods?

>I need to disable a button if the form was created inside a DLL but that
>must be transpararent to my programmers.

What do you mean with transparent? Can you be more specific?

Humberto Jemma (Brazil)

-------------------------------
Message Posted by  <dedGateway>
http://www.dedonline.com/forumb

Re:DLL or EXE

In article <3d1cbc28_2@dnews>, Flindner [gvdasa] wrote:
> How can I check if a form was created inside a DLL or from the host EXE ?

See the IsLibrary variable in online help.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :

Re:DLL or EXE

> See the IsLibrary variable in online help.

Thanks, Peter, I forgot that.

---
Fabio

Re:DLL or EXE

> What do you mean with transparent? Can you be more specific?

A programmer doesn't need to care if he creates the form from a EXE or DLL.
Only the form itself need to identify this condiction and customize itself.

Peter Below give the tip: using IsLibrary system variable.

Thanks for your help anyway.

---
Fabio

Re:DLL or EXE

> See the IsLibrary variable in online help.

It always returing False with my DLLs...

---
Fabio

Re:DLL or EXE

In article <3d2061e3_2@dnews>, Flindner [gvdasa] wrote:
> It always returing False with my DLLs...

Are you building the DLLs with packages? That may{*word*222}up the picture.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html