"Midas.dll" requirement

Hi..

I've created a trial application using D6 enterprise (update pack 1
installed) which I am trying to pass to two colleagues connected via our
WAN.

I am making use of ibclientdataset controls.

I am now getting "cannot locate midas.dll". Obviously if I copy Midas.dll to
the trial pc's everything works..

Do I need to license Midas ?

Help implies that Midas "tools" are now available on the datasnap tab. I
have not used any of the datasnap components so I'm a little confused as to
why I need to consider deploying Midas.

In case I have inadvertently added such a component to my app and then
removed it, I have even cut and pasted everything I am using into a new
application. But I am still asked for midas.dll, when I try to test the
application on another machine...

The components I am using for db connectivity are :-

Ibtransaction, ibclientdataset, ibtable, datasource and an ibdatabase

Regards

Dave

Re:"Midas.dll" requirement

DA Brookes wrote:
> Hi..

> I've created a trial application using D6 enterprise (update pack 1
> installed) which I am trying to pass to two colleagues connected via our
> WAN.

> I am making use of ibclientdataset controls.

> I am now getting "cannot locate midas.dll". Obviously if I copy Midas.dll
> to the trial pc's everything works..

> Do I need to license Midas ?

> Help implies that Midas "tools" are now available on the datasnap tab. I
> have not used any of the datasnap components so I'm a little confused as
> to why I need to consider deploying Midas.

> In case I have inadvertently added such a component to my app and then
> removed it, I have even cut and pasted everything I am using into a new
> application. But I am still asked for midas.dll, when I try to test the
> application on another machine...

> The components I am using for db connectivity are :-

> Ibtransaction, ibclientdataset, ibtable, datasource and an ibdatabase

> Regards

> Dave

I think IBClientDataSet is descended from the ClientDataSet components
which are MIDAS components...

--
Matthew S. Ve{*word*237}an
StarSoft Computer Systems

Re:"Midas.dll" requirement

DA Brookes wrote:

> Hi..

> I am making use of ibclientdataset controls.

> I am now getting "cannot locate midas.dll". Obviously if I copy Midas.dll to
> the trial pc's everything works..

> Do I need to license Midas ?

> The components I am using for db connectivity are :-

> Ibtransaction, ibclientdataset, ibtable, datasource and an ibdatabase

IBClientDataset is an IBQuery + TProvider + TClientDataset all rolled into one.
Since the Data does not cross a machine boundary from a MIDAS standpoint there
is no license requirement.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Re:"Midas.dll" requirement

Thanks Jeff

Regards

Dave