IBX 4.62 IBQuery problems

I have:

IBDatabase connected to remote Interbase (Firebird) server
IBTransaction
IBQuery

on Windows ME with Builder 5.0 and Firebird and IBX 4.62

trying to execute this sample:

IBQuery1->Close();
IBQuery1->SQL->Clear();
IBQuery1->SQL->Add("select * from TABLE1 ");
IBQuery1->Open();

and getting exception class EAccessViolation .. why? The same code is
working clear on machine with Windows NT and the same development software.

Pls, what can be the problem? Is there any way to fix it?

---
Bob Zatolokin                mailto: litt...@ogl.ru

Re:IBX 4.62 IBQuery problems

Bob Zatolokin wrote:

> trying to execute this sample:

> IBQuery1->Close();
> IBQuery1->SQL->Clear();
> IBQuery1->SQL->Add("select * from TABLE1 ");
> IBQuery1->Open();

> and getting exception class EAccessViolation .. why? The same code is
> working clear on machine with Windows NT and the same development software.

        Project->Options->Linker, check "Use debug libraries."  Build (not
compile) your entire project.  Run it.  The de{*word*81} should stop on the
line which raised the AV.  Where is it?

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:IBX 4.62 IBQuery problems

Craig Stuntz (TeamB) wrote in message

<3BA0E9E9.9AA52634@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com>...

>> and getting exception class EAccessViolation .. why? The same code is
>> working clear on machine with Windows NT and the same development
software.

> Project->Options->Linker, check "Use debug libraries."  Build (not
>compile) your entire project.  Run it.  The de{*word*81} should stop on the
>line which raised the AV.  Where is it?

On the:

IBQuery1->SQL->Clear();
IBQuery1->SQL->Add("select * from TABLE1 ");

I've found what was the problem. The man working on that machine has updated
the Borland C++ with IBX Update for Delphi.. #$###!

Thanks a lot any way.

--
Bob Zatolokin           mailto: litt...@ogl.rus

Other Threads