ZIP Component for Delphi

Hi there

Anyone heard of a component for delphi that could expand a file or files
from a ZIP file (so it could be searched).

Cheers
Phil
peldr...@voyager.co.nz

Re:ZIP Component for Delphi

Phil Eldridge wrote:
> Anyone heard of a component for delphi that could expand a file or files
> from a ZIP file (so it could be searched).

There is a product called XCEED ZIP which provides most (all?) of the
zip/unzip functions.  It's commercial software, but I have no details at
the moment.  It has worked fine for us.

Andrew

Re:ZIP Component for Delphi

Phil,
  A company called XCeed Software sells a component called XCeedZip which
seems to work quite well.  It's $199 US but you can download a trial
version from their site at:

www.xceedsoft.com

This is a full version but will only work if Delphi is running.

Hope this helps!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

Phil Eldridge <peldr...@voyager.co.nz> wrote in article
<5etrtb$...@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...

> Hi there

> Anyone heard of a component for delphi that could expand a file or files
> from a ZIP file (so it could be searched).

> Cheers
> Phil
> peldr...@voyager.co.nz

Re:ZIP Component for Delphi

Phil Eldridge wrote:

> Hi there

> Anyone heard of a component for delphi that could expand a file or files
> from a ZIP file (so it could be searched).

> Cheers
> Phil
> peldr...@voyager.co.nz

There's a product called Dynazip which can be purchased from Zac
catalog.  I've been using it and its very powerful.

Re:ZIP Component for Delphi

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:11:26 -0500, Mark DeMichele <d...@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>Phil Eldridge wrote:

>> Hi there

>> Anyone heard of a component for delphi that could expand a file or files
>> from a ZIP file (so it could be searched).

>> Cheers
>> Phil
>> peldr...@voyager.co.nz

>There's a product called Dynazip which can be purchased from Zac
>catalog.  I've been using it and its very powerful.

A few issues back there was an article about a free zip component in
Dr.Dobb's Journal.  If you don't have a copy, go over to their web
site and look around.   The example in the mag was written using
Delphi to access the component.

Sorry I can't give more info, but I don't have my back issues with me
at the moment.

Wayne

Re:ZIP Component for Delphi

wrobe...@aug.com (wayne) wrote:
>>A few issues back there was an article about a free zip component in
>>Dr.Dobb's Journal.  If you don't have a copy, go over to their web
>>site and look around.   The example in the mag was written using
>>Delphi to access the component.

I think you are referring to the OCX for Delphi 22 that is derived
from the zLib compression library.

Try http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/zlib/

Brad
--
Looking for information on Delphi 3?
Check out the Delphi 3 Information Page at

Other Threads