manipulating bitmaps

Hello All,
        I want to copy the canvas of a tstringgrid to the clipboard.
This, in and of itself is easy. However, I only want to copy the first
row of the grid as well as any rows the user selected. So what I have
done is dynamically make a new stringgrid, populate is with the values I
need and try to copy the canvas to a bitmap which I will eventually copy
to the clipboard.
        The problem is that unless I physically display the stringgrid on
the screen, the stringgirds canvas is blank and when I try to copy the
canvas all I get is the screen underneath where the canvas would be. I
don't want to display it because then I get an annoying flash. Does
anyone know how to force the canvas to be created in memory without
displaying it on the screen?

Thanks,
Dave

Re:manipulating bitmaps

David Novo <no...@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA> wrote:
>    The problem is that unless I physically display the stringgrid on
>the screen, the stringgirds canvas is blank and when I try to copy the
>canvas all I get is the screen underneath where the canvas would be. I
>don't want to display it because then I get an annoying flash. Does
>anyone know how to force the canvas to be created in memory without
>displaying it on the screen?

Can you display the grid OFF the screen? Design it and either place it
offscreen when you create the containing form, or place it offscreen
at design time. Then it will be there, but never visible.
Nick White HEAD:Hertz Music

nwh...@iinet.net.au
please remove ns from my header email address to reply
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )