Delphi 3.0

Does anyone out there have a release date or any information about
Delphi 3.0?

Thanks Brian

Re:Delphi 3.0

In article <33160F23.6...@sprintmail.com> Brian <bru...@sprintmail.com> writes:
>Does anyone out there have a release date or any information about
>Delphi 3.0?

I suppose Borland's web-site would be the authoritative place to look.

Software companies are extremely secretive about what's coming out when,
partly because they've been burned and partly because they don't want to
squelch sales of existing product based on "how good it's gonna be."

Personally, when D3 comes out I'll be pleased to see it, but I wouldn't allow
that to keep me back from buying D2.  For one thing, even though I'll be
pleased to see D3, I won't buy it immediately.  I always wait a couple of
months after release-date, not only to let the initial dust settle but also to
watch out for any "oops!" problems.  Meanwhile I put the existing release
through so much work that I fear it might develop bald-spots on its tires.

/mr/

Re:Delphi 3.0

Brian wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a release date or any information about
> Delphi 3.0?

> Thanks Brian

Rumor is early 2nd quarter.
For info go to:
http://www.{*word*104}us.ca/~bclarke/d97.html/

Re:Delphi 3.0

Just seen DELPHI 3.0 at WINDOWS 97 SHOW, London, and it is {*word*76}Y BRILL.
VB/VBA no chance, C/C++ goodbye, the new functions for quicker and easier
programming are great.  The new bits for Object construction and the NEW
BDE are excellent.  BORLAND HAVE A FIRST CLASS PRODUCT.  VERY WELL DONE.

Re:Delphi 3.0

YES YES! I WANT IT! WHEN WHEN WHEN?!?!?! WANT IT! WANT IT!
TELL ME WHEN PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE!

Re:Delphi 3.0

"Stphane VANDENBUSSCHE" <s.van...@hol.fr> wrote:
>YES YES! I WANT IT! WHEN WHEN WHEN?!?!?! WANT IT! WANT IT!
>TELL ME WHEN PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE!

Mid April, according to Borland UK, at the recent Windows 97 show.

Delphi 3 looks VERY impressive - especially being able to turn your
applications directly into active internet controls.

Re:Delphi 3.0

I've been using Delphi 2.0 from its begining and I'm wondering where I
can get information about Delphi 3.0. I've looked at Borland web site
but they don't say anything about it yet. Any idea as to where I can
get informations?

Yanick Dumas
Yan...@NetCorp.com

Re:Delphi 3.0

The only thing that I know of it is that i can't afford it.
The price is now 100.000 Belgian Francs or almost 3000$

Yanick Dumas <Yan...@NetCorp.com> wrote in article
<332031f4.77503...@nntp.generation.net>...

> I've been using Delphi 2.0 from its begining and I'm wondering where I
> can get information about Delphi 3.0. I've looked at Borland web site
> but they don't say anything about it yet. Any idea as to where I can
> get informations?

> Yanick Dumas
> Yan...@NetCorp.com

Re:Delphi 3.0

Hi Alex
Tell you what I'm going to do. I'll sell it to for a $1000.<g>
Tony

Alexander Muylaert wrote:

> The only thing that I know of it is that i can't afford it.
> The price is now 100.000 Belgian Francs or almost 3000$

Re:Delphi 3.0

Yanick
Go to the following page. You will find it very interesting.
http://www.{*word*104}us.ca/~bclarke/d3.html

Tony Costanza

Yanick Dumas wrote:

> I've been using Delphi 2.0 from its begining and I'm wondering where I
> can get information about Delphi 3.0. I've looked at Borland web site
> but they don't say anything about it yet. Any idea as to where I can
> get informations?

> Yanick Dumas
> Yan...@NetCorp.com

Re:Delphi 3.0

Alexander Muylaert wrote:

> The only thing that I know of it is that i can't afford it.
> The price is now 100.000 Belgian Francs or almost 3000$

100K BF for Delphi 3.0 ???

You must be kidding.

Pascal

ing. Pascal Dutilleul

{*word*137} software engineer (also via internet)

Pascal.Dutill...@ping.be                  Borland Connections Member

Re:Delphi 3.0

Pascal Dutilleul wrote:

> Alexander Muylaert wrote:

> > The only thing that I know of it is that i can't afford it.
> > The price is now 100.000 Belgian Francs or almost 3000$

> 100K BF for Delphi 3.0 ???

 Don't see how...  It's not out yet....

--
Jason
E...@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

Re:Delphi 3.0

Well, D3 Beta is out. Maby thats the fee to be a part of Borland network
or what ever that group is called that receives the latest Borland stuff...

Cause I doubt any pirate will charge 3000$ for it more likely 30$. But Id
rather wait and get the full version without being some Borland beta
tester. (If I would be one for free well thats a different matter).

> > > The only thing that I know of it is that i can't afford it.
> > > The price is now 100.000 Belgian Francs or almost 3000$

> > 100K BF for Delphi 3.0 ???

>  Don't see how...  It's not out yet....

Re:Delphi 3.0

This must be the Client / Server version though.

Pascal Dutilleul wrote:

> Alexander Muylaert wrote:

> > The only thing that I know of it is that i can't afford it.
> > The price is now 100.000 Belgian Francs or almost 3000$

> 100K BF for Delphi 3.0 ???

> You must be kidding.

> Pascal

> --

> ing. Pascal Dutilleul

> {*word*137} software engineer (also via internet)

> Pascal.Dutill...@ping.be                  Borland Connections Member

Re:Delphi 3.0

The April 97 Personal Computer World magazine (UK) quotes the following
prices (all UKP incl. tax):

Learn To Program version: 49.95
Standard version: 89.00
Professional version: 468.82
Client/Server version: 1526.32

These are, presumably straight-from-Borland prices, so, on past form,
the street prices will be considerably lower.

--
Gary Jones <g...@bohr.demon.co.uk>
PGP public key available from servers

Other Threads