Connect to Firebird using DBExpress??

Hi,

Is there anyway to connect to Firebird using DBExpress?  I heard that
Firebird has more bugs fixed and is more stable than Interbase.

--
Best Regards,
Chau Chee Yang

Re:Connect to Firebird using DBExpress??

"Chau Chee Yang" wrote:
> Is there anyway to connect to Firebird using DBExpress?

Using Interbase Express or dbExpress should work.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:Connect to Firebird using DBExpress??

At the moment you can use the IBX or dbExpress components but that
could change in the future. Neither IBX or the dbExpress InterBase
drivers are tested against Firebird. If the Firebird developers change
the API at all the Borland drivers could stop working.

You could use the third party products InterBase Objects or FIBPlus,
however, they are not free.

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:25:59 +0800, "Chau Chee Yang"

<cha...@bce.com.my> wrote:
>Hi,

>Is there anyway to connect to Firebird using DBExpress?  I heard that
>Firebird has more bugs fixed and is more stable than Interbase.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Connect to Firebird using DBExpress??

It seems like using Firebird is not a wise choice in the future.  Perhaps I
should consider MySQL, but the Interbase's versioning works great and I like
it.

"Bill Todd" <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message

> At the moment you can use the IBX or dbExpress components but that
> could change in the future. Neither IBX or the dbExpress InterBase
> drivers are tested against Firebird. If the Firebird developers change
> the API at all the Borland drivers could stop working.

> You could use the third party products InterBase Objects or FIBPlus,
> however, they are not free.

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:25:59 +0800, "Chau Chee Yang"
> <cha...@bce.com.my> wrote:

> >Hi,

> >Is there anyway to connect to Firebird using DBExpress?  I heard that
> >Firebird has more bugs fixed and is more stable than Interbase.

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:Connect to Firebird using DBExpress??

MySQL will blow the doors off of firebird as well.

Just remember that borland doesn't seem to like supporting mysql.  Getting
fixes for the bugs that are in the drivers appears to be impossible.

Now that MySQL has good transaction support it is a very good choice and has
a MUCH larger install base than interbase/firebird.

Ross

"Chau Chee Yang" <cha...@bce.com.my> wrote in message

> It seems like using Firebird is not a wise choice in the future.  Perhaps
> should consider MySQL, but the Interbase's versioning works great and I
like
> it.

> --
> --
> Best Regards,
> Chau Chee Yang
> BCE Software Sdn. Bhd. ---> www.bce.com.my
> "Bill Todd" <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message
> > At the moment you can use the IBX or dbExpress components but that
> > could change in the future. Neither IBX or the dbExpress InterBase
> > drivers are tested against Firebird. If the Firebird developers change
> > the API at all the Borland drivers could stop working.

> > You could use the third party products InterBase Objects or FIBPlus,
> > however, they are not free.

> > On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:25:59 +0800, "Chau Chee Yang"
> > <cha...@bce.com.my> wrote:

> > >Hi,

> > >Is there anyway to connect to Firebird using DBExpress?  I heard that
> > >Firebird has more bugs fixed and is more stable than Interbase.

> > --
> > Bill (TeamB)
> > (TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Other Threads