Breaking a large program into DLLs.

Hi,

We have a large and growing application that uses quite a few forms and
databases.  We are worried about the size of our executable (about 8M) which
is showing no signs of shrinking.  We are currently attempting to break off
certain parts into DLLs.  Not being formally trained, we are having some
problems breaking the program into logical pieces and maintaining
synchronization between the application and DLLs.  Could anyone recommend a
book that could give us an overview of Delphi DLLs, and the best way to
break a program into separate components?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Re:Breaking a large program into DLLs.

Hi Dave!

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:08:33 -0500, "Dave Blommer"

<dblom...@acsoftware.com> wrote:
>We have a large and growing application that uses quite a few forms and
>databases.  We are worried about the size of our executable (about 8M) which
>is showing no signs of shrinking.  We are currently attempting to break off
>certain parts into DLLs.  Not being formally trained, we are having some
>problems breaking the program into logical pieces and maintaining
>synchronization between the application and DLLs.

Use run time packages and make one of your own and put into it all the
common stuff that you need from more than one module (EXE and DLLs).

tomi.

Other Threads