How to register BC 5.02?

I bought a new copy of BC 5.02 from Borland Canada a few weeks ago, but
can't find a link in the registration area for BC 5.0x.

Does it still exist?

Thanks...Brad

Re:How to register BC 5.02?

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:11:32 -0400, "Brad Clarke" <bgclark...@home.com> wrote:
>I bought a new copy of BC 5.02 from Borland Canada a few weeks ago, but
>can't find a link in the registration area for BC 5.0x.

If you bought it directly form Borland Canada you're automatically
registered. If you're trying to register, via the US contacts, a product
bought in Canada from a reseller, don't bother. I went through that with
BC++ 5.01. Even though the docs with the product gave the same phone
numbers for both US and Canadian customers to register, the system is
(was) unbelievably screwed up.

I had no problem registering over the phone with the US (800) number initially.
But when I later contacted Borland Canada to get an upgrade to 5.02, they had
no record of my registration. When I told them how I had registered, the rep
responded that they have no access to US registration records. When I later
called the US number again to find out what was going on, the rep I got that
time expressed surprise that I had even been able to register the first time,
as supposedly their registration system couldn't handle Canadian postal codes.

In short, in spite of the registration cards, etc. saying that Canadian
customers can register via the same contacts as US customers, it
doesn't work. A registration via Borland US stays in the US, but if you
later want to upgrade, the US contacts will tell you that Canadian
customers have to upgrade via the Canadian office - who have
no record of your prior registration. If you buy from a reseller in
Canada, register by phone, fax or mail with the Canadian office.
They will require proof of purchase.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,