printing graphics on LAN ?

I'm trying to print some graphics. My code looks something like this:

var bm:TBitmap
.
.
<<Draw something on bm>>
.
.
printer1:=printer;
with printer1 do
 begin
 begindoc;
 canvas.draw(0,0,bm);
 enddoc;
 end;

Now, this works fine on local graphicsprinters, but when this code is
run on a novell-based LAN, it produces an empty page of output.
I don't get it ?

I know I'm not doing anything wrong, since it works with local printers, but how
do I make it work on networks as well ?

If you wish to help me, please reply by E-mail to me directly, since I don't
check news as often as I should.

kr...@daimi.aau.dk

thanx
--
   Lars Kroll Kristensen      Last century :"The Pen is mightier than the
 email: kr...@daimi.aau.dk                 sword."

Re:printing graphics on LAN ?

Lars Kroll Kristensen wrote:

> I'm trying to print some graphics. My code looks something like this:

> var bm:TBitmap
> .
> .
> <<Draw something on bm>>
> .
> .
> printer1:=printer;
> with printer1 do
>  begin
>  begindoc;
>  canvas.draw(0,0,bm);
>  enddoc;
>  end;

> Now, this works fine on local graphicsprinters, but when this code is
> run on a novell-based LAN, it produces an empty page of output.
> I don't get it ?

> I know I'm not doing anything wrong, since it works with local printers, but how
> do I make it work on networks as well ?

> If you wish to help me, please reply by E-mail to me directly, since I don't
> check news as often as I should.

> kr...@daimi.aau.dk

> thanx
> --
>    Lars Kroll Kristensen      Last century :"The Pen is mightier than the
>  email: kr...@daimi.aau.dk                 sword."
> SnailMail: Sandoegade 13      This century :"The keyboard is mightier than
>            8200 Aarhus N.DK                 the M-16"

This is probably not a network probelem. It is more likly caused
by attempting to blt a bitmap based on the screen to a printer.
This does not always work. Take a look at:

 Ti3155 - A Better Way To Print a Form

at our web site in the Dlephi Technical Support area.

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
Borland Delphi Developer Support Group