Board index » delphi » Fax group 4 and group 3 compression

Fax group 4 and group 3 compression

Hi all,

I'm in need for any documentation recarding the G4 and G3 compression
that is been used in the multipage fax files any hints or links where I can get
any info on the subject?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Johnnie.

 

Re:Fax group 4 and group 3 compression


Quote
Johnnie wrote:
> I'm in need for any documentation recarding the G4 and G3 compression
> that is been used in the multipage fax files any hints or links where I can get
> any info on the subject?

If you're looking for docs, these are CCITT standards, maybe that's a
starting point. If you need to understand and/or implement encoding
and/or decoding instead, I recommend taking a look at one of the various
public libraries, like eg LibTiff.

What is it you need to do exactly? Maybe I can help...

Joris

Please do not reply private to mail posted in newsgroups or mailing
lists, unless that was agreed upon first.
When posting to newsgroups or mailing lists, please make sure you read
these guidelines first:
  http://web.infoave.net/~dcalhoun/nnq/nquote.html
  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/netiquette.html

Re:Fax group 4 and group 3 compression


Quote
>If you're looking for docs, these are CCITT standards, maybe that's a
>starting point.

Where can I find this documentations?

Quote
>If you need to understand and/or implement encoding and/or decoding
>instead, I recommend taking a look at one of the various public
>libraries, like eg LibTiff.

This is the main goal to implement the encoding and decoding in
a safe way that will be able to work on both big and little endian
encodings. My knowledge in C/C++ is under the zero level so
it will actually take me longer to figure out from a C library
how things work than to re-implement the de/encoding my self.

I'm also looking to understand the reasoning behind this encoding.

Thank you in advance.

regards
Johnnie.

Re:Fax group 4 and group 3 compression


I learned all i needed about G4 from the official TIFF specs version 6.
  I have a printed copy, but its online as PDF or otherwise; start
looking at http://www.libtiff.org/document.html

Quote
Johnnie wrote:
> Hi all,

> I'm in need for any documentation recarding the G4 and G3 compression
> that is been used in the multipage fax files any hints or links where I can get
> any info on the subject?

> Thank you in advance.

> Regards
> Johnnie.

--
Daren Scot Wilson
dwil...@arcscience.com
ARC Science Simulations
www.arcscience.com

Re:Fax group 4 and group 3 compression


Quote
>I learned all i needed about G4 from the official TIFF specs version 6.
>  I have a printed copy, but its online as PDF or otherwise; start
>looking at http://www.libtiff.org/document.html

Thanks I'll take a look.

regards
Johnnie.

Other Threads