slow record fetching on sql 7

Hi to all!

I have this problem:
On a SQL Server 7 i have 35000 records. I have to access to all of this
record with a remote client program . I've done it had all works...but is
SLOW!

I have used the TADODataSet Component, with a normal "SELECT * FROM
MyRecords" statement...how can i have more speed? I thought that i could use
the asyncronous access, but, when the fetch is finished the grid is not
updated, and i don't see anything....
So i tried using the Chached records methods, but it's too slow anyway..

Can I fetch only, for example, 20 records per time? If yes, how i can do it?
And how i can update the grid accordingly?

Thank you very much!

----
Davide Mauri
Askesis Developer: www.askesis.it