Still need Paradox ODBC driver

Almost been a week since I asked for a Paradox 5.0 ODBC driver. Is it
on Borland's ftp site? Do I need one at all (Pdx 4.0 came with ODBC 2.1)?
Is it included with the new ODBC release (2.5?). Do Borland charge money
for this thing???

I've tried looking in a couple of Paradox related directories on
ftp.borland.com, but came up blank. Just tell me you've seen it there,
and I'll put my gloves back on and hold my breath until I locate it.

(Anybody else here who thinks that Borland's ftp site is messy and not
carefully planned? Lots of empty directories and cryptic names!)

=\
 *=- R.Moberg, author of CD-Player Pro! ftp.cica.indiana.edu:
=/                                      /win3/sounds/cdppro45.zip

Re:Still need Paradox ODBC driver

In <YnLcmq9V5Qo907...@oslonett.no> mober...@oslonett.no (Rune Moberg)
writes:

>Almost been a week since I asked for a Paradox 5.0 ODBC driver. Is it
>on Borland's ftp site? Do I need one at all (Pdx 4.0 came with ODBC
2.1)?
>Is it included with the new ODBC release (2.5?). Do Borland charge
money
>for this thing???

>I've tried looking in a couple of Paradox related directories on
>ftp.borland.com, but came up blank. Just tell me you've seen it there,
>and I'll put my gloves back on and hold my breath until I locate it.

>(Anybody else here who thinks that Borland's ftp site is messy and not
>carefully planned? Lots of empty directories and cryptic names!)

>=\
> *=- R.Moberg, author of CD-Player Pro! ftp.cica.indiana.edu:
>=/                                      /win3/sounds/cdppro45.zip

To access a Paradox or Dbase table via Delphi you dont need ant ODBC
drivers.  They are all built in the DBE.

Ben
Arrow

Re:Still need Paradox ODBC driver

        <What the other reply say> but also note that Borland
has yet to make any ODBC drivers and I don't expect them to start.

--
Delphi and Paradox Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
            Web Page being relocated- want to provide space?

Borland supplied disclaimer: The services I provide via this message
and all consulting services I may provide are in no way associated with

Rune Moberg wrote:
>Almost been a week since I asked for a Paradox 5.0 ODBC driver. Is it
>on Borland's ftp site? Do I need one at all (Pdx 4.0 came with ODBC 2.1)?
>Is it included with the new ODBC release (2.5?). Do Borland charge money
>for this thing???

>I've tried looking in a couple of Paradox related directories on
>ftp.borland.com, but came up blank. Just tell me you've seen it there,
>and I'll put my gloves back on and hold my breath until I locate it.

FWIW, Word 7.0 is able to open a Pdoxwin 5.0 table such as
pdoxwin\sample5\vendors.db using an ODBC driver.  I couldn't see in the
documentation that it specifically calls it a Paradox 5.0 ODBC driver.

Paul Rice

Re:Still need Paradox ODBC driver

In article <47eaf3$...@darkstar.UCSC.EDU>,
memo...@cats.ucsc.edu (Mathew Gyokers Eliot) wrote:

> <What the other reply say> but also note that Borland
> has yet to make any ODBC drivers and I don't expect them to start.

So how do I allow my Word users ({*word*60}s) to access our
customer database?

I've used counters and referential integrity, so I suspect the
Pdx 4.0 ODBC driver won't do me any good...?

I may persuade my users to dump Access and even VB, but Word is
definately sacred, and this will backfire on me.

=\

Rune Moberg (mober...@oslonett.no) wrote:

: Almost been a week since I asked for a Paradox 5.0 ODBC driver. Is it
: on Borland's ftp site? Do I need one at all (Pdx 4.0 came with ODBC 2.1)?
: Is it included with the new ODBC release (2.5?). Do Borland charge money
: for this thing???

: I've tried looking in a couple of Paradox related directories on
: ftp.borland.com, but came up blank. Just tell me you've seen it there,
: and I'll put my gloves back on and hold my breath until I locate it.

: (Anybody else here who thinks that Borland's ftp site is messy and not
: carefully planned? Lots of empty directories and cryptic names!)

: =\
:  *=- R.Moberg, author of CD-Player Pro! ftp.cica.indiana.edu:
: =/                                      /win3/sounds/cdppro45.zip

Other Threads