Need help porting ancient MS-DOS Pascal program to Linux

I'm porting an ancient MS-DOS program to Linux. The original version was
compiled using Turbo Pascal; I will be using FreePascal (and maybe gpc as a
test). The program has two source files.  One is Pascal the other assembler. I
can cope with much of the Pascal; I used to hack the internals of the Nagel
Pascal compiler on DECsystem-10s. And probably much of the assembler code too,
which I plan to convert to calls to the appropriate RTL routines (they mostly
provide keyboard and screen access).

However, I've found some routines/data structures that don't appear to be
in the Free Pascal RTL and aren't in the original assembler module. I've grep
the RTL soruces and been through the on-line documentation without success.
Here they are:

FUNCTION ALLHQQ (wants: WORD): WORD; EXTERNAL;
FUNCTION ALLMQQ (wants: WORD): ADSMEM; EXTERNAL;
FUNCTION DOSXQQ (command, parameter: WORD): BYTE; EXTERNAL;
FUNCTION GetDTA: ADSMEM; EXTERNAL;
FUNCTION GETUQQ (VAR f:FCBFQQ; len: WORD; dst: ADSMEM): WORD; EXTERNAL;
FUNCTION PUTUQQ (VAR f:FCBFQQ; len: WORD; dst: ADSMEM): WORD; EXTERNAL;
FUNCTION TICS: WORD; EXTERNAL;

Does anyone recognise these functions and the FCBFQQ structure? (I know
that the structure is a DOS FCB but I need the exact layout of the
structure.) I'd appreciate any assistance you can render.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!

Re:Need help porting ancient MS-DOS Pascal program to Linux

Maybe Ralf Browns Intlist provides the details of FCBs?

Look at http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~ralf/files.html for it.

Greetings

Markus

On Tue, 28 May 2002 17:55:32 +0200, Markus Humm <markus.h...@freenet.de> wrote:
> Maybe Ralf Browns Intlist provides the details of FCBs?

I can pull my yellowing and dusty copy form the shelves. But it's whether
there's any (Turbo) Pascal idocyncrasies that concern me.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!

Other Threads