Borland Turbo 3 Serial Communication problem

Help!
I have a Borland Turbo Pascal 3 program where the serial communication
works in old but doesnt work in NEW laptops. Due to the structure
of the program I dont want to upgrade it to a later compiler.

My communication pack is something called "Pibasync". Who has got
any idea how I can get my program working?

Re:Borland Turbo 3 Serial Communication problem

Info (i...@jemba.se) wrote:

: Help!
: I have a Borland Turbo Pascal 3 program where the serial communication
: works in old but doesnt work in NEW laptops. Due to the structure
: of the program I dont want to upgrade it to a later compiler.

I sent you a reply directly, but I'll post the short form here. I have
been able to run TP3 code on new machines under DOS, Window and OS/2. I
suspect that your code does some low-level direct i/o access trick that
the OS doesn't appreciate. I doubt the hardware is the problem since most
of the old async code stayed pretty generic.

: My communication pack is something called "Pibasync". Who has got
: any idea how I can get my program working?

Pibasync was a popular one, though I never used it. I didn't need all of
the features and TP3 didn't strip out unused code.
--
David J. Firth            Windows multitasking: messing up several things
Sr. M&R Engineer          at once. OS/2 and Unix are for getting work done.

Other Threads